Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

Too much cosmetic flaff, sporty grill my butt, flashy indicators (geddit?) and lots of other stuff that won't add to the driving experience (A3 LEDs aren't any 'better' than A3 xenons) but is now upgraded.........as will the price. Much rather manufacturers focused on the things that improve the drive rather than making change for changes sake which tends to be adding more kit and then charging for it. If I had previously wanted it I would have paid for it e.g. nav/LEDs, and why can't Audi do a pano roof for the A3 rather than a sunroof?

And breath ;)

The only positive mechanical upgrade l can see is the 7speed s-tronic,should make the S3 a better cruiser,baring in mind this is just a pick me up for the A3..... All new car October 2018

Reactions: Simon L
Did a shoddy chop of the s3 grills into a blue saloon

Doesn't look too bad but I forgot the mirrors

Reactions: Jassyo06
The only positive mechanical upgrade l can see is the 7speed s-tronic,should make the S3 a better cruiser

I hope they do a better job of calibration in the FL S3 than they did in the RS3, if it is the same DQ500 DSG box......

Talked about it previously here:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/rs3-worth-the-premium-over-the-s3.253258/page-14#post-2587943
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/clutch-slipping.261881/
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/to-all-with-the-8v-rs3.261610/

Last edited:
I hope they do a better job of calibration in the S3 than they did in the RS3, if it is the same DQ500 DSG box......

As long as it doesn't select 6th gear at 42 mph l wouldn't care,l found the gearbox on the Rs3 alright actually but it was dynamic mode all the time but only drove the car for an hour

Reactions: Simon L and pburv
That's not new, the RS3 sedan will be launched early next year,with a 397 ps all new aluminium block 2-5 litre engine.been said weeks ago on one of the rumour threads estimated starting price £45000 and upwards
Lol. Sorry jassy..I've got a memory like a tea bag:blink:....Thought I have read it somewhere else....Still an interesting read though..:haha:

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Jassyo06 and Simon L
Question:

If I were Michael Jackson (alive, surprise, surprise) and still owned my (Sony ATV $) and I offered Audi $1 million dollars to make me a production Audi A3 Clubsport Quattro, do you think they would do it?

That's not new, the RS3 sedan will be launched early next year,with a 397 ps all new aluminium block 2-5 litre engine.been said weeks ago on one of the rumour threads estimated starting price £45000 and upwards

.......well it's goin in my basket then as long as it doesn't have a silly smiley grill ............:whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
High gloss black grill would look far better on a blue car :whistle2:

........don't talk daft man..............that bleedin RS3 order has gone to yer head :box:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
.......well it's goin in my basket then as long as it doesn't have a silly smiley grill ............:whistle2:
There you go again about the silly smiley grill.....The only person that will see it is the one holding you up on the road....:whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L

We all know it's not new but it's now being confirmed more by researchers etc. Maybe the RS3 SB will have the same engine.

Question:

If I were Michael Jackson (alive, surprise, surprise) and still owned my (Sony ATV $) and I offered Audi $1 million dollars to make me a production Audi A3 Clubsport Quattro, do you think they would do it?

Four R8's worth of income for one piddling hatchback? They'd be mad not to, except for one , ahem, minor* thing that means no sensible corporation would go anywhere near him.

*pun absolutely intended. He was a dirty ********

**err, that pun wasn't intended. Consider it a freebie...

Reactions: Jassyo06
Four R8's worth of income for one piddling hatchback? They'd be mad not to, except for one , ahem, minor* thing that means no sensible corporation would go anywhere near him.

*pun absolutely intended. He was a dirty ********

**err, that pun wasn't intended. Consider it a freebie...

What? It's Germany, MJ was loved deeply over there.

and for the media attention it would bring, Audi would probably jump in a heartbeat for an MJ endorsement of their car.

and for the media attention it would bring, Audi would probably jump in a heartbeat for an MJ endorsement of their car.

You do have a penchant for the ludicrous mate,never a dull moment when you're around....lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L

Wrong kind of 'deep love' me thinks.......:sex:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and Jassyo06
Hmmm. Doubtful.

Nike and Oakley ran a mile when Oscar Pistorious shot his girlfriend. Bentley very publicly disassociated themselves from vapid implant enthusiast Jordan when she was driving a pink Continental, Nike (again) dropped Lance Armstrong in light of the fact that he was a dirty cheat. Pepsi dropped Madonna for showing a burning crucifix. Tiger woods was dropped by about a dozen sponsors when he was caught screwing women that weren't his wife. Michael Jackson was and still is a man surrounded by allegations of the vilest kind, who checked out as a result of some pretty hardcore drug abuse. The marketing people at Audi, or any other company for that matter, would have a coronary if he were endorsing their product. I think they've got enough in their plate having been caught cheating the emissions tests.

The potential for damage and scandal would be huge, they might as well get Bill Cosby in as director of US Market sales and have Rolf Harris do the brochure artwork.

Reactions: Max-Robbo, Buzz73, Martinbanshee and 2 others
Question:

@gamegenie - You mean like this :) :D

& in answer to your question - Yes!

Reactions: gamegenie and Jassyo06
@gamegenie - You mean like this :) :D

& in answer to your question - Yes!

oh lawd yes.
mjcry1.png

Hmmm. Doubtful.

Nike and Oakley ran a mile when Oscar Pistorious shot his girlfriend. Bentley very publicly disassociated themselves from vapid implant enthusiast Jordan when she was driving a pink Continental, Nike (again) dropped Lance Armstrong in light of the fact that he was a dirty cheat. Pepsi dropped Madonna for showing a burning crucifix. Tiger woods was dropped by about a dozen sponsors when he was caught screwing women that weren't his wife. Michael Jackson was and still is a man surrounded by allegations of the vilest kind, who checked out as a result of some pretty hardcore drug abuse. The marketing people at Audi, or any other company for that matter, would have a coronary if he were endorsing their product. I think they've got enough in their plate having been caught cheating the emissions tests.

The potential for damage and scandal would be huge, they might as well get Bill Cosby in as director of US Market sales and have Rolf Harris do the brochure artwork.

Audi wouldn't take Bill Cosby because

BMW has him.

1975n9dpb3f0vjpg.jpg

Reactions: TDI-line
The only positive mechanical upgrade l can see is the 7speed s-tronic,should make the S3 a better cruiser,baring in mind this is just a pick me up for the A3..... All new car October 2018

Has the 7 speed s-tronic been confirmed? As in official documentation from Audi? As this is the only thing I see that I actually care about on the facelift. I got some documentation from my sales rep which states that the sport seats are now standard on the S3 which I think is a bit of a bonus, too(see attached - unsure if this has already been attached).

Attachments

• A3 Facelift Product Summary v.2_635955609486008559.pdf
    942.7 KB · Views: 315
Has the 7 speed s-tronic been confirmed? As in official documentation from Audi? As this is the only thing I see that I actually care about on the facelift. I got some documentation from my sales rep which states that the sport seats are now standard on the S3 which I think is a bit of a bonus, too(see attached - unsure if this has already been attached).

The press release details a new wet clutch seven speed for the 2.0 TFSI, but doesn't specifically mention it for the S3.

Sports seats were standard in the S3 before, Super-sport seats were optional.

Reactions: dsme

Sports seats have always been standard,its the Super sport seats that are optional

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and dsme
The press release details a new wet clutch seven speed for the 2.0 TFSI, but doesn't specifically mention it for the S3.

Sports seats were standard in the S3 before, Super-sport seats were optional.

I thought it meant super-sport seats were now standard, oh well!

Hi all,

been a while.

So mine is now ready for change, spoke to DTD today, and they said there site will have the new facelift in about 1-2 weeks time.

I hope the black optic pack is ready from the outset.

And will be good to see the new wheel options.

Quite interesting earlier....

Dropped the car off to get the jerkiness investigated ( 1.4 COD ) and was talking to the dealer about the facelift model. He was all 'I don't really know anything'. He did mention that xenons come standard but when I said about the LED's are standard on the S-Line and S3, he was a bit reluctant to agree. Showed him the two docs on here; bulletin and PPT, which he replied with 'they are confidential docs....how did you get those?'

Had to chuckle! :sm4:

Reactions: TDI-line and SimonM95
the bumper/splitter looks better on the e-tron than the rest of the range

The thing I laugh at is a 1.0tsfi in a heavy car. I wait the raft of poor MPG posts in the near future
I have the 1.2 sportback,it cruises all day at 80 mph and returns 50 mpg.With lighter materials and new engine tech,i look forward to test driving this..

Theyre more like S3 money, but remember HM Govt will put a £5000 grant towards the cost too.