Hi. I'm from waaay back. S3 On Order.

APL 3.0TDi

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm Antony.

I used to be part of the forum around six years ago. I had an 8P 2.0tdi. I used to be called Apl TDi I think?

Anyways, after five years of BMW's (E92 320d M Sport plus & F30 335d M Sport) and recently a Focus ST-3, I've recently ordered an S3 Sport back.

I've asked for it to be delivered in Oct when the lease is up on my Focus.
It's a pretty basic spec. Only options I have added are privacy glass and front and rear parking sensors.

£1,000 deposit and £350pcm over 48 months PCP.

Anyhow. Just saying Hi! and it's good to be back!

P.S do you think and Oct delivery would be the facelift?

Reactions: pburv
Hi Antony , welcome back . What colour did you go for?

Welcome :D

I agree, I would think it would be the facelift. Not sure if this will affect your payments or not though.

Hi Antony , welcome back . What colour did you go for?

Hi, I have gone for white with black leather.

I hope so, just trying to find out. I was wondering if they would get the car made early and keep it locked up for me until Oct...

Welcome :D

I agree, I would think it would be the facelift. Not sure if this will affect your payments or not though.

I hope it won't affect the payments as I have an agreement.

My order says Audi S3 Sportback 2.0TFSi 300PS 6speed manual....

Face-lift is 310ps...

Doubt you'll get the current 8v with 300ps. I'd check that if I were you.

Having just now tracked the order, it says my car will go into production on the 25/04/16.

It is listed as a 300ps and the pictures are of a pre-facelift.....

Does anyone know when the facelift goes into production.... don't answer that, I'll search :friendly wink:

Having just now tracked the order, it says my car will go into production on the 25/04/16.

It is listed as a 300ps and the pictures are of a pre-facelift.....

Does anyone know when the facelift goes into production.... don't answer that, I'll search :friendly wink:

The problem is, i don't think they are producing any cars between now and the release of orders (23rd May)

I could be wrong though.

I don't believe prices will be held eithier. A few people seem to say they have an agreement which states £X's so it has to stand.

You could then say the same about the spec. Which isn't possible to match?

I of course, hope I am wrong and you get the car you want at your already agreed price.

Well, as it turns out my car goes into production on the 25th of April.

I asked the dealer if I was getting the facelift and was told no. I asked what I need to do to get the facelift, and they said they were not even taking orders on the facelift yet....?

My dealer says that order books reopen on the A3 on May 1st. My car has been "promoted" to facelift spec, but I'll have the opportunity to re-spec everything come May 1st if I fancy any of the new options. Sadly, this means I probably won't see the car until July rather than mid May.

If you have an agreement to buy an S3 at a certain price whether it is the pre or post FL I would think they would honour it. I don't even think it would be an issue to be honest.

Cancel the order and re-order on may 1st? Will definitely guarantee a facelift. You'd most likely still get it in October. I wouldn't want to be getting a pre face lift at the same time as there are facelifted models cutting about.

The face lifted models do not go into production until build week 26 which is in July, with the first deliveries in late July! So anyone thinking they are getting one before this aren't, and if your build week is before week 26 it's going to be a pre face lift!

Start of production is indeed in week 26, but the info we've seen thus far caveats that date with "(free specification)".

Reading between the lines then, it might be possible to get your hands on a facelift A3 beforehand, as long as you don't mind taking a car spec'd by Audi's need to test the production system and prove all combinations of spec can be built without issue.

As for before week 26 builds being pre-facelift? Again, we've seen info here that says otherwise. One owner has already posted his week 22 build has been cancelled and will receive a facelift instead, and my week 18 build appears to have stagnated at status 20 for the last three weeks and appears unlikely to ever be built.

Hi, I have gone for white with black leather.

I hope so, just trying to find out. I was wondering if they would get the car made early and keep it locked up for me until Oct...

I hope it won't affect the payments as I have an agreement.

My order says Audi S3 Sportback 2.0TFSi 300PS 6speed manual....
At the moment it looks like all facelift S3s will have the 7-speed s-tronic. No more S3 manuals!

Start of production is indeed in week 26, but the info we've seen thus far caveats that date with "(free specification)".

Reading between the lines then, it might be possible to get your hands on a facelift A3 beforehand, as long as you don't mind taking a car spec'd by Audi's need to test the production system and prove all combinations of spec can be built without issue.

I believe any built before will most likely be as you've said tests of the production system, and demonstration vehicles.

As for before week 26 builds being pre-facelift? Again, we've seen info here that says otherwise. One owner has already posted his week 22 build has been cancelled and will receive a facelift instead, and my week 18 build appears to have stagnated at status 20 for the last three weeks and appears unlikely to ever be built.

Them orders have most likely been postponed and and are waiting to get a build slot on or after week 26 to ensure you both get a FL - I take it you have requested FL models or expressed that you do not want a PFL? Or All orders from a certain week (?) before week 26 cancelled to refit the factory in preparation for week 26 to start rolling out the FL?

I'm just speculating to be honest

Last edited:
At the moment it looks like all facelift S3s will have the 7-speed s-tronic. No more S3 manuals!

That's not how I read it. I read that the S3 gets a useful boost to 310PS, and with the S-tronic, an extra 20Nm of torque. This I took to mean that the manual retains 380Nm whilst the auto gets 400Nm.

At least, that's how I read it. I guess we'll know in the fullness of time.

Edit: manual S3's still available except for the cabriolet, which is auto only.

Last edited:
Have just read the "A3 Facelift Product Summary" document it seems that Audi will continue with a manual version of the S3 albeit with a little less torque than the s-tronic version.