Lowering Springs Axle Load vs. Car

VWNCC

Reaction score
I am looking for expert advise on this subject. Eibach has various springs with different axle load. When choosing the right set of springs, do the springs maximum axle load have to be higher than the values stated on the sticker on the driver's side door or would similar be okay?

If the springs max axle load is lower than what the car sticker says, that means the new axle load of the car will be that of the springs?

Thanks in advance.

What year is your 8V , model , engine size , bhp , and engine code ?

Pro kit or Sportline ?

Have you looked at H&R? Every bit as good on the quality stakes and provide a better stance.

Ref weights, there should be a sticker on the car which tells you.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Drivers door.
Chassis sticker.

It'll tell you your axel weight. Get springs that are stable for that weight.

What year is your 8V , model , engine size , bhp , and engine code ?

Pro kit or Sportline ?

So, my car is the 2015 A3 sedan 2.0T quattro....the axle weights from the driver side sticker are as follows:

Front 1085kg
Rear 1040kg

I have 2 options from Eibach...since Europe has no A3 2.0T quattro, the 2 closet match are the following springs:

Option 1: Eibach Prokit for the 1.8T quattro and 2.0T TDI (110kW) quattro

Front 1070kg; linear springs
Rear 1075kg; linear springs

Option 2: Eibach Prokit for the S3 2.0T quattro and 2.0T TDI (135kW) quattro

Front 1090kg; progressive springs
Rear 1060kg; linear springs

Clearly, by axle load, the S3 set seems to match better (not too surprised as the A3 2.0T quattro has pretty much the same engine but with weaker internals and small turbo). However, would Option 1 still work if I want to go full linear springs?

If I do go with Option 1, does it simply reduce my max front axle load from 1085 to 1070kg? Will there be problems with using such set?

Drivers door.
Chassis sticker.

It'll tell you your axel weight. Get springs that are stable for that weight.

What is considered to be able? They have to be within a certain value or the springs axle load has to be higher?

Sedan is a saloon ?

Bhp and engine code ?

Yes, sedan is a saloon.

It is the 220hp 2.0T quattro....I am not 100% sure about the engine code, but I think it is CNTC according to the Bilstein website.

Yes tricky one as not listed , ultimately contact Eibach , as your car isn't listed they may not of produced a kit for it yet .

Option 1 is definitely out as you are decreasing axle load on the front .

My VW estate has them much increased .

Engine sticker

Pro kit

Yes tricky one as not listed , ultimately contact Eibach , as your car isn't listed they may not of produced a kit for it yet .

Option 1 is definitely out as you are decreasing axle load on the front .

My VW estate has them much increased .

Engine sticker

Pro kit

Is 1070 vs. 1085 that big of a difference? It is only 15kg and the car must have been engineered to carry two very large adults in front with weight variation... or am I missing something?

Well considering my kit has an increase of 105 kg front and 150 kg rear , I definitely wouldn't go backwards even if it seems negligible .