Nicked

Any car thief worth their salt will have a tracker jammer, they can be bought for about £30 and will jam any GPS signal until they can locate the tracker with a tracker finder device.

Actual Tracker.co.uk doesn't work like that. In fact, if it detects a jamming signal, it sets it off.

Yes the trackers off tracker.co.uk use VHF instead of GPS, there are still jammers for them though they are just more expensive.

top tip
there is a website called locatemyphone.co.uk, 1 pound gets you 100 credits, a location costs about 5 I think. I've just tried it on my mobile and it works, BUT it sends you an SMS that you need as a verify code on the site. It works by triangulation. If your car has the MMI plus thing (mine does, did :( then your sim can be traced to within about 200 yards

If you have a sim in your car, take it out, put it in your fone and go to this site and get it registered. You will then be able to trace your car to within a few hundred yards

No good for me alas because I obviously cant read the SMS :(

Reactions: voorhees
PS. Three say my sim is still active, so I dont think they have realised there is a sim in the car yet, jeesh, its so close I can almost smell it :(

This is absolutely horrendous mate honestly I genuinely feel for you. I don't even know what theives do with these cars when stolen? Surely it's not like the old days where a quick plate change can fool someone.

Absolute joke!

On other point though, I will never ever sleep with my keys upstairs. I leave them downstairs just for the pure fact that even if 9/10 don't come upstairs, that 1 out of 10 might do and it's just not worth my families safety.

We have insurance and that is what it's for. I don't have insurance for another family....

Reactions: patters, Spaceman_RS3 and D0C
Thieves have absolutely no interest in a confrontation.If your alarm goes off they know you will be coming down stairs or police will be called straight away.If stuff is not within quick grabbing range they will run.
If you left keys visible then that is just an encouragement for someone to break in and grab them.
Whilst Im not advocating any Charlie Bronson type stuff I don't think allowing someone to nick your motor without making it difficult is sensible either.
If you have an alarm going off and they then had to come upstairs to try and find keys by that time the cops have been called-they wouldn't risk that and also goes into the realms of aggravated burglary which gives bigger jail time.
I like the idea of lockable driveway post too-never thought of that one.

Reactions: RS3 S., patters and Vyra
I just painted my front door nardo grey in homage to poor old (new actually) RoSi3 :(

Reactions: Rick P and 45bvtc
langley, slough
Dont know what OBD port protection is and no, no steering lock. Jimmy'd front room window, keys where in kitchen, I heard is start up, looked out the window in time to see a lad with a red baseball cap with his head out of the window of the car drive off.

It was early and quiet, I could hear the windscreen wipers on the frosty glass. I could still hear it tearing along getting out of the estate while I was on the phone to the police.

All my life I've wanted a nice sports car. I said to the wife I would buy a used aston when I was 50. When this RS3 came out I fell in love and can honestly say hand on heart that if I had a lottery win I would not have changed it.

I think it is even sadder that now I dont think I'll bother again, and will probably never be in the position too anyways.

I was so looking forward to the warmer weather, windows down etc. Look, its ****** sunny out !

Anyhow, thats that ! Goodbye cruel world !!
Really sorry to hear your pride and joy has been stolen. The thieving scum should have their hands cut off when caught to prevent them doing it again.

Dont give up on having a nice car because of this set back mate..

No word from police patters?

What's the insurance saying to it?

Reactions: patters
Police called a couple of days after the event saying the matter was pretty much closed, and that they would be calling in about 2 weeks to close it off officially. When I mentioned the car was also effectivley a mobile phone, the officer in charge said that although phone tracking was normally reserved for highly vulnerable missing persons, he was putting in an application for the number to be tracked via mobile phone masts. So waiting on that one.

Insurance put the proper wind up me, for 2 days they kept saying they would call back and didnt, kept me on hold etc etc, put my phone bill up to the point that I got cut off and had to go to my provider to get back on. Started googling and read all sorts of horror stories for 1st central, was kacking it. Theft was on wed, finally got through to someone on friday and got the claim kicked off. They only had one of my 2 speeding convictions logged, not sure if that is enough for them to buck on?

I tried the locatemyphone web site, it worked with my mobile but it insists on verification by sms message, its a 4 digit code. You do get unlimited attempts to verify the code. I tried to write a program to trick the site but ~I aint good enough.

I dont want RoSi3 back sadly. If insurance pays out I'll bank it and wait for the new release. I wont buy anything straight away, would feel like a non event, I'm still a bit numb.

Lets hope the 2017 RS3 is a sportback and not a saloon, I loved the sportback :)

Reactions: AudiNutta
RS3 isnt on the audi configurator any more, is it discontinued?

so it is discontinued then, blimey, that didnt stay current for long, not even a year?

so it is discontinued then, blimey, that didnt stay current for long, not even a year?

I'm guessing they will do a SB as the hatchback is one of the best selling cars in the uk.

googling 2017 RS3 all the posts are suggesting it will be a 'sedan' to satisfy the yanks, further gutted :(

They can make both, fear not.

you know what's weird? When I ordered my car back in September 2015, they said it would be here about may 2016, then about 6 weeks in I got a call from amersham audi saying they had accidentally spec'd mine twice. One came super early, mine, (well, was mine before it was F%^KING NICKED !) and the other is there now, as a demonstrator, its got 3,500 miles on it, they want 45k for it

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/use...amersham/605578546-9467.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

Last edited:
you know what's weird? When I ordered my car back in September 2015, they said it would be here about may 2016, then about 6 weeks in I got a call from amersham audi saying they had accidentally spec'd mine twice. One came super early, mine, (well, was mine before it was F%^KING NICKED !) and the other is there now, as a demonstrator, its got 3,500 miles on it, they want 45k for it

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/use...amersham/605578546-9467.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

That is a very strange coincidence!! As much as it might be tempting, I would always avoid a demonstrator. I've been out in 4 of them, all have been driven very hard to show off the ability and only 1 was above 1000 miles.

3/4 times of that, the salesmen absolutely booted it from stone cold after the car was parked on the forecourt, definitely hadn't been driven that day. It makes me cringe, it's horrible.. As a rule I never go over 3000rpm in my 1.4TFSi, until it's up to temp.

The one salesman that had sympathy for the cars because he owned an RS6 and a track car, he let it warm up over 5 miles or so but then maxed it although it had around 400 miles on the clock. Ex Demo's are a no no, for someone who wouldn't treat it with that manorism that is. Anyone with ANY mechanical sympathy would.

No way just wait for the FL as they will make a SB as it will be in so much demand especially as the AMG now has the crown as the fastest and the Focus RS is up there too.
When I drove the RS3 demo it was started first thing after being stood all night then the salesman booted it immoderately after leaving the dealership.

Wait for the new one with more power and better tech that's what I will be doing

My home was broken into a few days ago well they just got stopped at the door as my Mrs heard them burst the door open they ran off 02-20 in the morning ,they wanted my car that's for sure not my Mrs fiesta diesel lol,they would have needed to steal her keys aswell as my own of which l virtually sleep with me,this is the second time in just over 2year's we've had a break-in,it's not nice at the all,not slept much this week so l know how you feel and l am really sorry that your car was stolen,l really am

Reactions: Pinky1959, patters and voorhees
You got house alarm jassy

l will fit one after l come back from holiday 4 weeks time...**** if l got a RS3, l would definitely not be able to sleep at night,but it seems to be the same buggers from before the police said,we have added additional locks and other anti theft bolts and latches to both house doors in the meantime.my car will be somewhere safer elsewhere during my holiday period

My home was broken into a few days ago well they just got stopped at the door as my Mrs heard them burst the door open they ran off 02-20 in the morning ,they wanted my car that's for sure not my Mrs fiesta diesel lol,they would have needed to steal her keys aswell as my own of which l virtually sleep with me,this is the second time in just over 2year's we've had a break-in,it's not nice at the all,not slept much this week so l know how you feel and l am really sorry that your car was stolen,l really am
@jassyo06 get a big noisy dog buddy. Got one and she goes mental when anyone steps on our driveway.

Reactions: Jassyo06
@jassyo06 get a big noisy dog buddy. Got one and she goes mental when anyone steps on our driveway.

Er indoors wont have one,or even a wee carnaptious Maltese, that l offered to buy her...my sister breeds them?its a private estate we live in but its isolated so easy pickings for the them,and also a very easy escape onto the M80....etc

Er indoors wont have one,or even a wee carnaptious Maltese, that l offered to buy her...my sister breeds them?its a private estate we live in but its isolated so easy pickings for the them,and also a very easy escape onto the M80....etc

I'm the same, private estate easy out onto the M8. Some very nice cars in my Cul de Sac. I'll add a photo of the newest £56,500 motor.

It's very nice but £56k. No thanks. Touch wood, no breakin's in our street so far. But there's 4 houses out of 9 with dogs.

Our area isn't particularly bad, but for various scenarios I can't imagine going to bed/asleep without a house alarm on. The idea that someone could otherwise manage to quietly break in and be stood over you while you sleep... :-o

Been on the fence reading this and I feel for patters.
Once upon a time I had my heart set on an rs3, I am having second thoughts now.
Even with an alarmed garage, a house alarm, a dog, laminate (noisey flooring), key under pillow and a hammer under my bed I just don't think I can risk the chance.
Sad, but evidently a reality of the sign of the times what the scum will try on.
Sigh....

Reactions: patters, voorhees and Gazwould
Been on the fence reading this and I feel for patters.
Once upon a time I had my heart set on an rs3, I am having second thoughts now.
Even with an alarmed garage, a house alarm, a dog, laminate (noisey flooring), key under pillow and a hammer under my bed I just don't think I can risk the chance.
Sad, but evidently a reality of the sign of the times what the scum will try on.
Sigh....

If they really want your car they will have it, no matter what cctv/alarms you have,in my particular case,they where semi skilled crooks at best..not pros...they will steal the sugar outa yer tea without ye even noticing

Reactions: voorhees
Gap insurance all the way guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Radman and Jassyo06
Make it as inconvenient as possible for them... aftermarket alarm,security post by the car,de-badged,house alarm,gates,independent sensor lights,proximity alarm on car

Reactions: patters and Jassyo06
I'm back, you know what, if you are unlucky enough to be a target, if its not a car, its a watch, a phone, what ever, obviously the car is outside and visible. If they want it they will take it? Not really, if there was a post in the way they would need a grinder, if they came in for the keys for both they wouldnt get them.

Sod em, insurance is looking promising, I already have the deposit on, see you all in a few months

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT LOVELY PEOPLE

Reactions: hood, Baldyone, Radman and 7 others

Jees Jassy no wonder you havent slept . Hope your other half isnt to traumatised .
As said get an alarm fitted and also big post at the back of car and hidden cctv would be good to especially as you are getting an RS3

insurance just offered my 36k, what a joke. Just passed my mums house and there is a shiney Nissan GTR parked up outside. I wonder is it stolen?

Reject it show examples of similar cars for sale on Audi site and push for that price.

Take it your insurance don't do replacement in first year.

I'm back, you know what, if you are unlucky enough to be a target, if its not a car, its a watch, a phone, what ever, obviously the car is outside and visible. If they want it they will take it? Not really, if there was a post in the way they would need a grinder, if they came in for the keys for both they wouldnt get them.

Sod em, insurance is looking promising, I already have the deposit on, see you all in a few months

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT LOVELY PEOPLE

Whilst I agree with what you say 100%, I've heard of cars (albeit most of them were 80k+ cars) being taken at gun point, people getting beaten with crowbars etc etc. If these sort of people want my car, essentially they can have it. I won't make it easy for them, but I won't put myself, or any loved ones in harms way for a piece of metal.

People have been killed for a lot less than 50k.

The best defence is deterence. Flood lights, high up CCTV (so can't be covered), house alarms, dogs, disc lock, metal posts, wheel clamps etc etc.

But back on topic, I'm mortified for you mate. Hope you can get a decent resolution from this, and your family can move on.

Reactions: patters and D0C
Reject it show examples of similar cars for sale on Audi site and push for that price.

+1

If you don't have GAP insurance check what your policy says about replacement of cars less than a year old.

Negotiate on the settlement value it's not fixed. Use examples from the Audi network etc. Make sure they match your spec. Point out no new orders being taken currently and the impact of this on value of second hand cars.

+1

If you don't have GAP insurance check what your policy says about replacement of cars less than a year old.

Negotiate on the settlement value it's not fixed. Use examples from the Audi network etc. Make sure they match your spec. Point out no new orders being taken currently and the impact of this on value of second hand cars.

Very good point as many insurers offer gap as standard in the 1st year.

Have you got GAP?

They do do replacement in the first year, I found a car, its 51k, its nothing like how I would have spec'd, but lets see what happens

Reactions: AudiNutta