Seat Clicking Noise

VWNCC

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does your driver seat make any clicking noise during very sharp turns?

My sport seat makes a subtle click probably half of the time during sharp turns. Under typical driving situations, it does not make any sound.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks.

No noise here.

How loud is the click? It couldn't be the seat belt clip? Had this before where it makes a noise and squeek as moving about on a previous car (the bit you click into)

Reactions: Scottyg
No noise here.

How loud is the click? It couldn't be the seat belt clip? Had this before where it makes a noise and squeek as moving about on a previous car (the bit you click into)

It is pretty subtle and it seems to come from the left rear of the seat, so probably not the seat belt clip.

Okay a quick update, the seat only clicks when I set the height at the lowest level. When I set the height to be close to max level, I do not hear any click no matter how sharp the turn is.

Does your driver seat make any clicking noise during very sharp turns?

No... but my new knee does, I have been told to keep using the Bio Oil and it should settle down in a few weeks......so by same rationale maybe your seat runners and mechanism just need a spray of WD40

Reactions: Simon L, pburv and Gazjs
No... but my new knee does, I have been told to keep using the Bio Oil and it should settle down in a few weeks......so by same rationale maybe your seat runners and mechanism just need a spray of WD40
I think The Six Million Dollar Man also used WD40 to get round this issue ....lol
How's the healing getting on Daveotto? :friends:

Reactions: Daveotto
I think The Six Million Dollar Man also used WD40 to get round this issue ....lol
How's the healing getting on Daveotto? :friends:

Going really well, physio discharged me this week, and I cycled 12 miles through the local country park last weekend.

In physio's swords "I said do a gentle cycle,4-5 mile!! Don't think I need to see you any more if you cycling 12 miles an hour off road"

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
Going really well, physio discharged me this week, and I cycled 12 miles through the local country park last weekend.

In physio's swords "I said do a gentle cycle,4-5 mile!! Don't think I need to see you any more if you cycling 12 miles an hour off road"
Sorted.....:friends:

Reactions: Daveotto