Thinking of running some 20s

William Hollands-McKinlay

Reaction score
Hi I'm just wondering if anyone on here is running a set of 20 on a a3 8v I'm looking at getting some and just wanted to know if there is enough space in the arches
Cheers

Last edited:
Hi there, Spotback or Saloon ? I'd say it's much more popular on the saloon as the wings have increased tyre coverage. Either way bear in mind carefully tyre selection, wheel offset and width along with any aftermarket springs or spacers that may reduce clearance to the wheel arch eyebrow last thing you want is any rubbing or body work damage.

There is an extreme wheel thread on here that has some good pics and info.

Hi there, Spotback or Saloon ? I'd say it's much more popular on the saloon as the wings have increased tyre coverage. Either way bear in mind carefully tyre selection, wheel offset and width along with any aftermarket springs or spacers that may reduce clearance to the wheel arch eyebrow last thing you want is any rubbing or body work damage.

There is an extreme wheel thread on here that has some good pics and info.

Thank you very much this is quite helpful!! I've been asking round a few people on Instagram as well and they said they had 20s on an s3 and they ran 235/35 tyres on them that was with airbags as well, mine is also a hatchback

Reactions: Rob2k68
20's would look nice, other than they would make the discs look small, but the handicap on current British roads with such low sidewalls would (for me) make it unusable and uncomfortable.

Reactions: Gazwould and Brasso