Aftermarket stereo install help

Whodafunk

Reaction score
I've bought a Kenwood double din headunit to replace the Concert double din in my 2007 A3 3 door (non bose).

I have the Kenwood supplied loom (left in the picture) a CT20AU05 adapter / double Fakra adaptor purchased from ebay (right in the picture).

Questions...

1) The adapter doesnt have enough pins to connect to the square block in my car. The green block doesnt even connect to any pins in the adapter (picture), is that right?

2) Also on the adapter there is a loose red (ignition switched wire) and a loose orange (illumination wire). Do I need to connect these somewhere? Should the red wire be connected to an ignition switched accessory, and does it need to be fused?

thanks

Last edited:
Ok so i connected it all up and the rear speakers dont work. Think I need a different adaptor. Any ideas which one?

not sure if this will help, but when i fitted mine, there was 3 blue remote cables behind the headunit in which i was asked by dynamic sounds to splice them together and rears will work. I have 3 blue remote cables behind headunit, 1 is for my subwoofers amplifer which you may not have, 1 from the radio adaptor and one from the harness itself. If you do not have aftermarket amplifier, then you should have atleast 2 remote blue cables behind headunit, try splicing them together and see if rears work. Also there should be an option on your headunit to turn rear speaker on, double check that is on too.

Thanks mate, got it sorted. I bought a Connects 2 adaptor for canbus ignition control and just had to connect the loose blue wire from the head unit to the connects2 adaptor which then powered the rear amp/spekers.

For reference the cable was CTSAD005.2 at a cost of £59.99

Reactions: FaisalFazeli