B9 keys

Mine are both the "cheap" matte ones on the left of his picture.

Reactions: iambu
I have one matt and one gloss. Its either for the convenience key or the memory seats so you can tell which key is which.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9, h1r4 and iambu
I have two different keys, one chrome and one Matt. The chrome one folds the mirrors and the Matt one doesn't when locking the doors.

I have two different keys, one chrome and one Matt. The chrome one folds the mirrors and the Matt one doesn't when locking the doors.

That could be because the 'Mirror fold when locking' feature setting is ticked in the MMI and associated with your chrome key, but not your matte key. I reckon if you used the matte one to start the car and then enabled this setting in the MMI, then both keys would fold the mirrors when locking. I'm just guessing!

Reactions: RichardMMM
any update on this i have 1 matt and 1 chrome key also the chrome one weighs a bit more i thought it was due to the chrome bit on the key
is there a difference in the key itself apart from cosmetic?

I have one matt and one gloss. Its either for the convenience key or the memory seats so you can tell which key is which.
I'm the same. Apparently the gloss one auto opens the drivers door etc whilst the matte one does not. I turned that off anyway given the security risk.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

As far as I can see there is no difference between the keys stated within the manual, just what they are programmed to do...

I have one Matt and one gloss. I don’t have any memory seats or folding mirrors. They do exactly the same and I see no difference although I’ve not read the manual !! I use the matt one because I don’t want to scratch the gloss!! I do have the advanced key option though so I can open the car just by having the key in my pocket and start it

Reactions: cuke2u
I have Matt and gloss fob and have the advanced key.

I use the gloss key as see no point keeping it hidden away, just enjoy seeing it but I am careful what else I put in my pocket to avoid it getting too scratched!