How much have you lowered?

killa_z

Couped Out
Reaction score
how much have you decked your car and on what size wheels AND if they could possibly post a pic that would be good

just trying to get a rough idea of what most people are going for and how it would look as i am contemplating how much to go

im currently thinking 80mm on 18's on coilovers, i know, sounds madd but ive seen it done on an s3, arch work was needed of course, another thing i was thinking was would i not be able to go so much as the s3 bcoz it has wider arches?

lexarse? ha, na not for me
lambo doors - cudnt afford even if i wanted

dont worry, my pics will be up tommorrow hopeully so you really can take the P

so you lot havent lowered? judgind from your pics it seems you have but yet your replies look as though you think im a typical boy racer youngster? confusedd

just looks alot better and gives better handling IMO

any HELPFUL replies appreciated, cheers

iirc below 50mm and your sump is at significantly higher risk

My A4s lowered about 80 or 90mm on coilovers and its got rid of the boat like suspension. You do have to be careful though as dummi says.

Any lower then 50mm and you'll need a new front anti roll bar. I had my A3 lowered about 80mm with 19's and it did need arch works and things like that. If i were you i'd get a set of coilovers then play with them until it's sitting right with no problems, if you want it low low, then i'd order a new front anti roll bar while your on. Anymore help just give us a shout!

Not sure what mine is lowered by.

I lowered it untill the roll bar knocked on the shafts then raised it a little, mine is on 17s. If i went much lower i would catch the sump on everything. I could go alot lower for looks but it would be undriveable

The rear is on springs but again, i couldnt get much lower unless i took the springs out totally as the coils are fully compressed. Ideally it needs bigger wheels or air ride.

Drove it like this for a week but proved to be a pain
brakesafter.jpg

vbpgimage.php