Tyre advice

strizzle

Reaction score
Hi guys just had a flat tyre on the rs3 the chap from road side assistance repaired the tyre but said its a temporary fix and i should not exceed 50mph and it is a y tyre and it should be replaced rather than repaired the tyres on the car are pirelli p zeros any advice would be appreciated cheers

Hi guys just had a flat tyre on the rs3 the chap from road side assistance repaired the tyre but said its a temporary fix and i should not exceed 50mph and it is a y tyre and it should be replaced rather than repaired the tyres on the car are pirelli p zeros any advice would be appreciated cheers
Depends on how many miles you have done/have left on them would point to the direction to take. I replaced mine with a full set of Michelin PSS when I got a puncture.

Sent using Tapatalk

I have done 2k miles on them i want to no if they are safe to repair
So long as the hole is in the centre 3/4 of the tread then probably yes, a decent tyre shop will confirm but if you have had a temporary repair then my guess would be no now.

Sent using Tapatalk

If the tyre has been flat and you have run on it the sidewalls may well have been damaged or weakened. Even if the puncture is repairable are you going to take the risk on a car with such performance and cost. A new tyre isn't going to cost that much in relation to the cost of the car.
You seem to have a propensity to pick up punctures.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/tyre-puncture.266030/

You could go for another £5 fix and hope it's good.
Just a guess on the size

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/pirelli/pzero/235-35-r19-91y-419836

I have 2 decent oem PZEROS rear tyres with 4k miles on them for sale if you are interested?

Sent using Tapatalk
e8a91125a722654094405430d330f5a8.jpg
cf7b810b1335de67e1c2a3ac784e08e8.jpg
0c08fb230ca28db5fe61b3a8c2c97eb3.jpg

Its just my luck mate i did not drive in it i parked up then come back to car and seen it flat pumped the tyre and it wouldnt pump it had a hole

What sort of mileage are folks getting out of P Zeros... My fronts aren't looking good at 5k miles!!

9k miles for my fronts!

TX.

Edit - I put MPSS on instead.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Just had to replace a 19" hankook on misses tt due to a screw ... £180 & only done £1k miles :(