A3 Sportback order placed - at last!

mistac

Reaction score
For various reasons on both my and the dealers part, my order has been on hold for many weeks but at last yesterday I got an order number. However, at present the order number is not recognised on "your audi" - I assume it takes a little while to register with Audi?? I have been advised delivery will be September ish.
I have ordered a A3 Sportback Sport 1.4 COD Stronic in Tango Red as I love red cars! - unlike many I was determined not to add many extras and the increased spec of the FL did help in that respect. However, at the last minute I added one extra - Adaptive Cruise Control - may not use it that often but many on here seem to say it works well with Stronic. Now the wait begins!

Last edited:
Reactions: glospete, pburv, Bittern and 1 other person
Sounds nice. September is not that far away really. :)

Reactions: pburv
Looking forward to seeing the new red :)

the increased spec of the FL did help in that respect.
I've just been looking on orangewheels and then the Audi config page.

The current S3 saloon was slightly more than what I wanted to pay, so I got the 3 door hatch. Now the facelift is out with the new engines on certain models and the fact that a lot now comes as standard, it means that I can get an A3 2.0 s-tronic saloon quattro, with gangster windows, folding mirrors and park system plus for about the same as I'm paying for my S3 hatch.

With that in mind I may drop to the S-line!

For various reasons on both my and the dealers part, my order has been on hold for many weeks but at last yesterday I got an order number. However, at present the order number is not recognised on "your audi" - I assume it takes a little while to register with Audi?? I have been advised delivery will be September ish.
I have ordered a A3 Sportback Sport 1.4 COD Stronic in Tango Red as I love red cars! - unlike many I was determined not to add many extras and the increased spec of the FL did help in that respect. However, at the last minute I added one extra - Adaptive Cruise Control - may not use it that often but many on here seem to say it works well with Stronic. Now the wait begins!

Join the club , good colour choice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking forward to seeing the new red :)

I've just been looking on orangewheels and then the Audi config page.

The current S3 saloon was slightly more than what I wanted to pay, so I got the 3 door hatch. Now the facelift is out with the new engines on certain models and the fact that a lot now comes as standard, it means that I can get an A3 2.0 s-tronic saloon quattro, with gangster windows, folding mirrors and park system plus for about the same as I'm paying for my S3 hatch.

With that in mind I may drop to the S-line!
Irrefutable logic! :blink:

Irrefutable logic! :blink:
lol the S3 saloon is slightly over my budget, the S-line saloon has almost everything the same and is in budget....you couldn't get a 2.0 quattro S-line saloon before the facelift.

But after saying all that!!! another member posted pictures of his new A4 in Daytona and it looks awesome...and that comes out cheaper than the A3 saloon!!!

image-jpeg.94145

image-jpeg.94143

Still waiting for my order number to be recognised via "your audi" - is the delay because it has not registered with Audi for some reason or is it because I am waiting for a BW (I assume) or is it a mixture of the two?

I had the same issue but about a week later my order number was recognised on the site. I placed my order on the 4th June and have an estimate delivery of 12th Sept.

I have a revised order number and at last I can track my car - build week is 35 (possibly because of ACC?) apparently so I will be waiting a while!
According to the configuration on the tracker there are a few things that are listed but I am not sure of as follows

1. Electric front seat adjustment drivers seat with memory function - is it really likely to have this? The pricelist on audi website seems to suggest this is not standard but is a £650 option for both front seats so I am a little confused ??
2. Luggage compartment lining (design 1) - what is this?
3. Rear exhaust tailpipe (standard) - still not sure whether I will get a single tailpipe or double - the audi website configurator shows a double chrome tailpipe on 1.4's but who knows!

Advice appreciated

I have a revised order number and at last I can track my car - build week is 35 (possibly because of ACC?) apparently so I will be waiting a while!
According to the configuration on the tracker there are a few things that are listed but I am not sure of as follows

1. Electric front seat adjustment drivers seat with memory function - is it really likely to have this? The pricelist on audi website seems to suggest this is not standard but is a £650 option for both front seats so I am a little confused ??
3. Rear exhaust tailpipe (standard) - still not sure whether I will get a single tailpipe or double - the audi website configurator shows a double chrome tailpipe on 1.4's but who knows!

Advice appreciated
I can only comment on the electric seats is a misnomer,as all or most say this on the orders,so you won't get it unless you have paid for it.

thanks - a bit daft for them to say it is included as it only causes confusion!

Reactions: Jassyo06

Advice appreciated
In connection with item 1 on your list I think you will find that, on the A3, the electrically operated front seats DO NOT come with any memory. I wish they did. I have just been in to the Configurator and it does not mention memory for the seats. That option is offered on the A4 but not on the A3. Perhaps on the next new A3!
Item 2 is a reversible lining - carpet on one side and rubber on the other. Useful if you carry dirty items in the luggage area.
Not sure able item 3.

In connection with item 1 on your list I think you will find that, on the A3, the electrically operated front seats DO NOT come with any memory. I wish they did. I have just been in to the Configurator and it does not mention memory for the seats. That option is offered on the A4 but not on the A3. Perhaps on the next new A3!
Item 2 is a reversible lining - carpet on one side and rubber on the other. Useful if you carry dirty items in the luggage area.
Not sure able item 3.

thanks - re 1 - are you saying that the seats are electrically operated just not with a memory function - if so I did not know that
re 2 - is that what is shown as reversible mat (a £65 option) on the pricelist? If so, be interesting to see if I get it as I did not ask for it!

thanks - re 1 - are you saying that the seats are electrically operated just not with a memory function - if so I did not know that
re 2 - is that what is shown as reversible mat (a £65 option) on the pricelist? If so, be interesting to see if I get it as I did not ask for it!
Yes the electric seats option on the A3 is electrically operated just not with the memory function. I have it on my current PFL 2.0 TDI and I will order it again on any new one I purchase. Personally I find the electric way of adjusting the seats is great ans very easy to adjust as you are driving.

Yes the electric seats option on the A3 is electrically operated just not with the memory function. I have it on my current PFL 2.0 TDI and I will order it again on any new one I purchase. Personally I find the electric way of adjusting the seats is great ans very easy to adjust as you are driving.

Although I did not make it crystal clear (other than mentioning it was a £650 option) I did not choose this "option" yet it is listed on my order configuration hence my query as to whether I am likely to get this or not? From an earlier reply it appears this is an error on their part!

The 1.4 comes with twin exhausts - only the 1.6 diesel (and possibly the new 3 cylinder?) come with a single exhaust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk