Audi PreSense Dashboard Warning Light

jrrhoofnest55

Reaction score
Presense dashboard warning light comes for a few seconds when I start the car. The manual says this could be down to leaves or something! I assume the sensor is behind the rear view mirror. I've tried cleaning that area with no effect. Just wondered if anyone had encountered a similar problem.

Is it not normal and possibly just performing a calibration of the sensor?

I don't think so. I don't think it used to show but I've only had the car for two weeks so can't be absolutely sure. The dashboard warning light is actually a warning triangle with an exclamation mark which to me indicates a warning. It's no big deal - I'll maybe just phone the dealer.

I get the small pre-sense warning symbol on start up which goes away after a few seconds. I think that is normal as it's doing a check to make sure the warning symbol actually appears. Just the same as the oil pressure, battery, etc warning light show briefly on startup. Can't say I've noticed a warning triangle with exclamation mark though.

The owners manual says if the symbol appears along with the message Pre Sense: Currently Restricted, then there could be leaves or something blocking it.

Hope you get it sorted. Let us know what they say as I've just had a quick look at mine and there is a tiny exclamation mark in a triangle on start up on the bottom on the DIS. Not sure if it's the same warning as you're describing, as mine appears to be normal as I've had it since picking my car up with 6 miles on clock from dealer.

Will do. Not sure the person I spoke to at the dealers understood what I was saying. Pretty sure it wasn't there when I picked up the car but so much to explore I can't be sure. Thanks for replying.

I always get the light flash up on start up, but I've also had Pre Sense almost do an emergency stop when nothing was in front of me, also it has displayed the warning a few times when nothing was in front, however I think pressing the accelerator might have stopped it from braking on these occasions. Still need to book it in, I've got a few issues, but that's nothing new with my Audi experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. On reflection, I think I may just have become aware of the alert after it activated last week for the first time. (It was at a roundabout with narrow lanes - pretty sure it was just over- sensitive.)
I've tried "turning it off and on again" via the MMI and note that you can change the sensitivity via that interface - early, medium or late. Mine has always been at medium. Migh

I always give a couple of seconds too. I didn't notice it at first either.

going to try this with one of my mates xD

Reactions: cuke2u
Brave guy. I'd want a lot more than a crash helmet!

Although I am a soon to be A3 owner with ACC (and bundled pre sense front) I also keep an eye on this forum as some of the technology on the A4 seems to be filtering down to the A3!
I am a little puzzled though about the differences between pre sense city and pre sense front - I have read elsewhere that pre sense city was a more advanced version of pre sense front and that city uses radar sensors and a camera located in the front view mirror, so this would seem to make sense. However, I have also read that pre sense front extends the functions of pre sense city seeming to indicate that front is better than city? Does anyone know the precise differences between the two versions and whether perhaps the A4 pre sense versions are different to the A3 pre sense versions?

Pre sense city only works at low speeds, the other works at high speeds