Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift A3/S3 8V In Here

I got a new camera (Nikon B500) and this is my first time using it. Unfortunately I had the resolution set too high which took it way above the 2mb upload limit so had to reduce the size.
I think the rear 3/4 view of this car is the most flattering.
My car is approaching 6 months old(doesn't time fly....) and I think it looks pretty good for never having been detailed in any way....just washed.
It was my intention to have it ceramic coated from new but my local detailer is not currently trading.
View attachment 169656 View attachment 169657 View attachment 169658 View attachment 169659[/ATTACH]
View attachment 169661 View attachment 169662
View attachment 169663

Awrite Auld Yin....hand brake luvaa with you on that...lol bottom 2 photos are stunning mate

Reactions: Ron240 and Rob2k68
Is it not all relative ie.... car prices to the average income in Denmark/Scandinavia???

Not exactly - gross salary may be high but income tax is also 50-60% and it expensive to live here as well.

Tax on cars in Denmark 150% (Recently lowered from 180%) + 25% VAT on the car AND tax.
To compare with tax on cars in Sweden is 0% + VAT 25%

Reactions: Audi Bairn, NevMan and Jassyo06
Not exactly - gross salary may be high but income tax is also 50-60% and it expensive to live here as well.

Tax on cars in Denmark 150% (Recently lowered from 180%) + 25% VAT on the car AND tax.
To compare with tax on cars in Sweden is 0% + VAT 25%

Expensive to live in the UK as well mate.........cost of living v Average income is ****** terrible........well maybe not in London but up here in Scotland it is.But why all the drivers aids thought you Danes where good drivers lol

Reactions: Jcbmally and Audi Bairn
DSC 00643

Reactions: Mark_86, Pinky1959, Ian66 and 12 others
Expensive to live in the UK as well mate.........cost of living v Average income is ****** terrible........well maybe not in London but up here in Scotland it is.

I know - read somewhere it's pretty similar to denmark except the car tax.

But why all the drivers aids thought you Danes where good drivers lol

Haha - I would say I am, but we have many bad drivers.
Just to enjoy level 3 autonomous driving ;-) (Not my video)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
Awrite Auld Yin....hand brake luvaa with you on that...lol
bottom 2 photos are stunning mate
Aye no bad jassy mate......I thought you would be in the same handbrake camp. :D
Speaking of stunning.....that's the word I would use to describe your car and the effort that has clearly went into making it look that way. Above is one example, as is the one taken in the petrol station. :sunglasses:

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
Yeah I know, thought about moving to another country for a while because of that.
I totally agree with you about the wheels, but they are only for the winter, will get some 18" or 19" wheels in the spring.

Welcome mate!
Look forward to seeing more pics once you decide what wheels to swap to.

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
Car all cleaned machine polished and ceramic coated

Attachments

• 3C06E88C-C5DA-448B-8FED-B950D9B56844.jpeg
    3C06E88C-C5DA-448B-8FED-B950D9B56844.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 277
  • D2CAAE20-EDCA-4F82-A0C5-5E873B399C5C.jpeg
    D2CAAE20-EDCA-4F82-A0C5-5E873B399C5C.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 268
  • B1DCE4C1-1C4F-4544-88E8-9588FFEEBBC2.jpeg
    B1DCE4C1-1C4F-4544-88E8-9588FFEEBBC2.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 258
  • 2CAE1A19-A6AF-4FC0-8A62-776BAE5FAB6C.jpeg
    2CAE1A19-A6AF-4FC0-8A62-776BAE5FAB6C.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 267
Reactions: S3tuart, Audi Bairn, Pook and 5 others
You on that strong Medication again lol
I’ve had 3 days of cider and Guinness at Cheltenham races if that counts...

Yours is a beauty

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 2 others

Yours is a beauty

Minted mate great concoction lol 4 beers and l am steaming lol literally l can't handle a couple of beers now but l have always been a lightweight a good thing though am a cheap night/day out

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jcbmally and TYb
Minted mate great concoction lol 4 beers and l am steaming lol literally l can't handle a couple of beers now but l have always been a lightweight a good thing though am a cheap night/day out
Haha on separate days, living in Gloucestershire you can’t help but get into racing, the Mrs knows more than me to be fair. It’s a great atmosphere

Reactions: Jassyo06
Never got a chance for some daytime pics after cleaning it on Friday, so here’s some night time ones instead.
aa9f503acbde24dbd82139a6aba07fb8.jpg
e5107e9c3bd79612ffc7480fb780add3.jpg
afa5a5e6970cd4161dc24f5c93bcdd2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still got it mate and it still looks well ? When you chopping it in for the beemer ?

Reactions: Audi Bairn and BarryG79
Still got it mate and it still looks well ? When you chopping it in for the beemer ?

Cheers mate still got it, will be going back in 3 weeks if the new lease company ever gets their finger out and gets me some finance documents!! Been chasing them for the last few weeks, said on Friday there had been an error at their end and docs would be out this week, nothing so far.
Beemer due for delivery to dealer next week, with delivery to me two weeks later, fingers crossed. But there is a 14day cooling off period from signing docs until delivery will be made so if they are not here this week it’s going to delay things. Been getting quotes for the EV charger and got a guy coming out on Friday to have a look, but can’t even commit to get this done until I’ve seen the finance docs

Reactions: Jassyo06, Audi Bairn and Jcbmally
Cheers mate still got it, will be going back in 3 weeks if the new lease company ever gets their finger out and gets me some finance documents!! Been chasing them for the last few weeks, said on Friday there had been an error at their end and docs would be out this week, nothing so far.
Beemer due for delivery to dealer next week, with delivery to me two weeks later, fingers crossed. But there is a 14day cooling off period from signing docs until delivery will be made so if they are not here this week it’s going to delay things. Been getting quotes for the EV charger and got a guy coming out on Friday to have a look, but can’t even commit to get this done until I’ve seen the finance docs

Ah, hopefully you get sorted mate, demand some freebies.

Reactions: BarryG79

Yours is a beauty

As a fellow shire person - you have any recommendations for tyre shops round here? will need some shortly, so having a look at options now...

Reactions: TYb
As a fellow shire person - you have any recommendations for tyre shops round here? will need some shortly, so having a look at options now...
If you have a Costco nearby, that's where I always get mine. Always the cheapest price I've found. Or there's a website tyreleaders.co.uk which I've used to. You'll just have to pay fitting for the latter.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: TYb

I replaced all 4 around June @ Bathwick Tyres on Kingsditch Industrial Estate, they looked after the wheels, no marks, had the tracking done at the same time:

I went for Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2’s, not the most focused but do a good job on the motorway.

Reactions: JDHOWELLS
Very nearly as stunning as Navarra :icon thumright: :sunglasses: :icon thumright:

......... but better than dirty Navarra which is mine currently :blink:

Really need to get both cars washed this weekend as it's supposed to be decent up our way.

Reactions: BarryG79 and Snake Pliskin
Is this thread no longer 'sticky' at the top of the page? :blink:

Thought I would post a better pic of my S3 whilst its clean (god I hate this weather! :grumpy: ) Light's a bit dim today but not due to get better all week and it will be filthy again tomorrow :sadlike:
S3 BE 2

Reactions: S3tuart, Tiff.90, Audi Bairn and 7 others
Devastated, the mother of all stone chips :( noticed it today giving it the final full clean of the year. It stands out so much from a distance that I’m gonna have to get something done to it. Dunno what yet but I don’t want no respraying or anything like that. Looks like a bluming bricks hit it

1E2632D4 2662 4137 9895 5DCC9074EE34

292A5673 A142 432E 88C6 5AC534D6C0B0

Reactions: Audi Bairn and NevMan
Devastated, the mother of all stone chips :( noticed it today giving it the final full clean of the year. It stands out so much from a distance that I’m gonna have to get something done to it. Dunno what yet but I don’t want no respraying or anything like that. Looks like a bluming bricks hit it

View attachment 170677

View attachment 170678

Oh no mate

Reactions: Pook
Ouch!
That is a sore one. :(
As you say....need to do something about that.

Reactions: Pook
Hmm bummer
Have you got a good smart repair guy close?
Not that I know of, I’m on the hunt for one now though lol. Like I say I’m not doing with a panel respray but not sure what can be achieved without doing that. Based in Newcastle if anyone has any advice.

View attachment 170677

View attachment 170678

That’s nothing.. wait till I’m back up the road in Bonny Scotland and I’ll show you the mother of all stone chips...

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Pook
Sunday clean, by Monday manky ... repeat all winter lol

IMG 2136

Reactions: NevMan, Audi Bairn, Abzz and 1 other person