Help me spend my money...

His demo was the manual TDI aswell l loved driving it,but as you say not great for a lot of stop/start traffic
A TTS would be very tempting but the price jump from an S3 is quite sizeable, then the TTRS is way out of my budget for now. More the happy with the S3, even now and again get annoyed with the steering feel but there are far more pros than cons.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and V6_Man
Congrats on the S3 @DrEskimo. I must admit the car looks stunning in this colour mate .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DrEskimo and TYb
A TTS would be very tempting but the price jump from an S3 is quite sizeable, then the TTRS is way out of my budget for now. More the happy with the S3, even now and again get annoyed with the steering feel but there are far more pros than cons.

Speaking of TTS, one of my colleagues picked up his TTS few weeks ago and I am starting to liking the colour

69bf6911e0e920beb998b3d4444b80f4.jpg

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Audi Bairn and TYb
Speaking of TTS, one of my colleagues picked up his TTS few weeks ago and I am starting to liking the colour

69bf6911e0e920beb998b3d4444b80f4.jpg

They had one just like this in Cheltenham when I enquired, it was priced over £50k though.... vegas really does suit the TTS and S3.

Reactions: V6_Man
Yeah l have heard the *** in the TT and it is pants, sounds better in the A3 though for some reason

Totally agree. Wifes TT and my S3 both have *** and, although not a patch on B&O, it definitely sounds better in mine.

Reactions: V6_Man, Jassyo06 and TYb
Right, it is settled.

Swapping to a S3 in September...

Hatchback S-Tronic
Navarra Blue
Folding Mirrors

I was going back on forth about whether to get black edition or not, and while I prefer the gloss black styling, B&O and privacy glass, I just cant get on with the wheels...!

I think the chrome styling with the Navarra blue works well. This picture sold it for me.

audi-s3-S2525983-1.jpg

Managed 16% discount as a renewal customer, which beat the likes of Coast2Coast and Carwow, so pretty happy.

Anyone interested in a the S5 just give me a shout :)

Nice one @DrEskimo !!
You followed me from S5 to S3 at last ha ha!
Even got the same colour - can't hide good taste I suppose eh.

Reactions: DrEskimo, V6_Man and TYb
Urgh...don't make me spend more money!

Annoyingly the BE is literally about £5 more, which would give me both B&O and privacy glass.....

God damn those stupid wheels...!
@DrEskimo - Agreed on the BE wheels. Yuck! :puke:
you could be mistaken into thinking a black edition is a Rs3
@jassyo06 Really ? PMSL
I guess I could always get an aftermarket sub...!

Was just looking at the new comfort package that is now on the S3. It's possibly one of the most rip off packages I've seen...!

£795 and gets you B&O, heated seats, HH and space saver wheel.

Well you already get heated seats, and as far as I can tell, the space saver wheel??

B&O and HH separately are £495 & £75 respectively....

What am I missing...?
New S3 comfort pack comes with Audi Parking System +, which is Audi speak for front & rear parking sensors as well as HHA & B&O
Like you say. heated seats & space saver SW are standard

Reactions: Audi Bairn, DrEskimo and Jassyo06

@jassyo06 Really ? PMSL

New S3 comfort pack comes with Audi Parking System +, which is Audi speak for front & rear parking sensors as well as HHA & B&O

Yip...........lol

Yer on a S3 Saloon mission again.....???? lol

Reactions: Bristle Hound
YUK............
Trust me it kind of grows on you. I was like that the first time I saw it but it looks really cool now :grinning:

Having said that, I'd personally never buy an R/S3 or an R/S4 or an R/S5 or an S6 or an R/S7 or an R/S8 in this colour. Not sure about RS6, I might like it

@jassyo06 Really ? PMSL

Ah OK. So basically you get HHA for free....

How generous :p

Can't see that on the Audi configurator.

Can't see that on the Audi configurator.

Yea it doesn't actually say it, but if you select it, it asks you to add Parking Plus.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Bristle Hound
Well that was anti-climatic...a combination of poor service (apparently the retentions person I was dealing with has just been fired...!) and the fact that now I've moved back into my house (been having major renovations over last 6months) and my car just literally sits on the road, I cant justify silly money for another new car....

Getting new cars on PCP just costs too much money for me to justify.

So if anyone wants a S3 very soon, there is a Navarra blue one at Amersham!

Well that was anti-climatic...a combination of poor service (apparently the retentions person I was dealing with has just been fired...!) and the fact that now I've moved back into my house (been having major renovations over last 6months) and my car just literally sits on the road, I cant justify silly money for another new car....

Getting new cars on PCP just costs too much money for me to justify.

So if anyone wants a S3 very soon, there is a Navarra blue one at Amersham!
Aw man! :shrug:

You keeping the S5 for a while then?

Noooooooo!? :blownose:
House renovations ain't cheap and I suppose if it's sitting on the road I can see where you're coming for mate.

Its not so much affordability. I mean the money on the house is spent now, so...!

It's just justifying such a high outgoing on something that will rarely get used. Even the most hardcore man maths couldn't justify it!

Appreciate PCP may work for some, but as my first foray into it, I just cant get over how much money is being spent...The idea of freeing up so much of my monthly budget is too strong!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I suppose it depends on how much you like having a 'nice' car. My A3 gets used a lot less now than it used to but I still look forward to taking it on holiday to Germany two or three times a year. Decent countryside, decent roads and decent drivers. Role on September!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, DrEskimo and Jassyo06
Bummer Mate....but l am sure the URGE will return in the New Year...............

Reactions: Audi Bairn and DrEskimo
I'm almost certain it will mate!

I'm going to put the money I'm saving away, along with my usual savings, and see what the used market is like. Will see if I can last to the new year...!

Reactions: Jassyo06, h5djr and Audi Bairn
Oh and in other news, my S5 is up for sale.

Will be going on sale at a local indie garage, but happy to do a deal with a member on here and settle the finance myself if anyone is interested. Should be a decent saving compared to Audi prices, and no more risky with around 16months warranty still left!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
Hopefully you'll stay on here in the meantime mate.
One of the ex-A5OC crowd :friends: (although you're not ex yet I suppose)

Right @jassyo06 wheres that's alcohol lol

Reactions: Jassyo06 and DrEskimo
@DrEskimo -Ever thought of going down the Lease route Doc ?
When my S4 go's, depending on the deals available, I may godown the PCH route

Don't know whether you saw my post recently, but I missed out by 2 hours on a lease MY18 DSG Golf R estate at £275/month for 24 months. No deposit. The leaser sold their allocation in 4 hours :(

Reactions: DrEskimo and Audi Bairn
@DrEskimo -Ever thought of going down the Lease route Doc ?
When my S4 go's, depending on the deals available, I may godown the PCH route

Don't know whether you saw my post recently, but I missed out by 2 hours on a lease MY18 DSG Golf R estate at £275/month for 24 months. No deposit. The leaser sold their allocation in 4 hours :(

That's a decent deal BH, but I like a few options, and before you know it you're suddenly up to >£300 per month again...! Then once it's finished you're having to do another one and stuck in a cycle of constantly forking over thousands!

If I'm driving again, I'll probably consider a car again, but while I work in London there just isn't any point.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, V6_Man and Bristle Hound
Then once it's finished you're having to do another one and stuck in a cycle of constantly forking over thousands!
@DrEskimo - I hear what your saying Doc. The thing for me is I like changing my cars regularly & hate the depreciation that cash/PCP deals throw up. & yes I do work very hard to get the best price on my cars
So when I change my S4, which isn't to far away, I'm going for a no deposit 2 year lease deal. I'm not too fussed with adding £s 'worth of options

No deposit, no depreciation, no car tax & a new car car every 2 years works for me

To be fair, which ever way you get a new car has to work for you

Good luck my supercharged sepang friend ;) :D

Reactions: V6_Man and DrEskimo
@DrEskimo - I hear what your saying Doc. The thing for me is I like changing my cars regularly & hate the depreciation that cash/PCP deals throw up. & yes I do work very hard to get the best price on my cars
So when I change my S4, which isn't to far away, I'm going for a no deposit 2 year lease deal. I'm not too fussed with adding £s 'worth of options

No deposit, no depreciation, no car tax & a new car car every 2 years works for me

Ah yea absolutely. I think cheap lease deals are defo the cheapest way to buy new cars!

I will likely look into them if I do end up needing a second car for that reason!

Not tempted to buy the S4 outright...? Depreciation is going to really level off now....

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Bristle Hound

Exactly my thoughts, before the S3 I always got bored or had regretted (vx insignia 1.8sri) my car before the 4yr pcp or 5 yr hp finished. Sick of being in negative equity, so decided leasing was going to be right for me. New car ever 2/3 yrs inc servicing, tax etc and much cheaper pm than traditional financing. Don't think I will buy any other way now, unless cheap deals stop. Even converted the wife, who has only ever bought using pcp for 14yrs. She has a Hyundai Tucson being delivered on Tuesday.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Bristle Hound

No depreciation! Surely that's built in to the monthly lease payments. Depreciation is a fact of life and there's no way to avoid it in the end. Or am I missing something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No depreciation! Surely that's built in to the monthly lease payments. Depreciation is a fact of life and there's no way to avoid it in the end. Or am I missing something?
@glospete - The depreciation may well be built into the monthly payments
At the end of the lease I just hand the car back. No worries about being in negative equity when I come to sign a new lease
If you get a decent no deposit lease deal, 2 years worth of payments is less than the deprecation you would suffer after 2 years of PCP/cash purchase ownership
Leasing only works if you change your cars regularly IMHO. If you don't it doesn't work

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, DrEskimo, Jassyo06 and 2 others
If you have sufficient cash in the bank to buy a new car for cash would leasing still be a better deal. My current A3 was purchased on a PCP to get the better input amount from Audi and the dealer. I intend to pay of the PCP in the next few weeks.

Reactions: DrEskimo
If you have sufficient cash in the bank to buy a new car for cash would leasing still be a better deal. My current A3 was purchased on a PCP to get the better input amount from Audi and the dealer. I intend to pay of the PCP in the next few weeks.

@h5djr - If you get a deal that means you pay less than the difference between the discounted price, and the likely trade in/private sale price, then the lease will be cheaper.

As BH says, you effectively beat the depreciation by paying less over the term than you would have if you had bought it and sold it in the same time period.

So somebody - presumably the lease company - is losing out this way. It amazes me that a company will effectively take a bath on a deal that they know will lose themselves money. I'm not trying to be smart but I am just surprised.

Reactions: DrEskimo