Facelift Help me pick my A3 1.5

LaurenP

Reaction score
Hi everyone! In regards to the last thread I created, everyone suggested that I should get the 1.5 Petrol Automatic. At first, I wanted the 2.0 Diesel Automatic but everyone says it's not worth getting that. So I have decided to get the 1.5 instead :)

However, I am struggling to find the best one online.

I like the color Nano grey and I found these 3

1 https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar...Z2xhbmQ|1070,2017|1121,15/l|12,2,PRICE_SALE,U

2 https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar...Z2xhbmQ|1070,2017|1121,15/l|12,2,PRICE_SALE,U

3 https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar...Z2xhbmQ|1070,2017|1121,15/l|12,2,PRICE_SALE,U

which one is the best one overall? like which one has better specs etc? I am clueless when it comes to tech and things to look for.

I really appreciate the help. I try and reply to everyone thank you! :friends:

Had a brief look and the YR18EEV seems to have folding mirrors. That was the only difference I noticed.

Oh and one had optional wheels.

The best is really personal choice. Does it have to be automatic?

Reactions: LaurenP
I'd go with this one as it has the upgraded wheels and full leather so the best of the optional extras when comparing the 3:

https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar...p-front-wheel-drive-red-1_GBR00378387015.htm#

Also has roof rails and rear side airbags which the other two don't.
Hi thank you. My brain is telling me to get the 18 plate one because it's only £100 more? What's wrong with the 18 plate one vs the other 2? Just curious. Also are those 3 cars over priced or normal?

Last edited:
Had a brief look and the YR18EEV seems to have folding mirrors. That was the only difference I noticed.

Oh and one had optional wheels.

The best is really personal choice. Does it have to be automatic?
Hi. I was thinking 18 plate one too but what are the spec different etc? I don't really see any differences? And yes automatic. I'm done with manual lol :)

1. This one has the most options, as above. Leather, upgraded wheels and folding mirrors. This new would be £31,455, so priced at £22,990 it represents a 27% discount. Trade is about£18,500 too, so the dealer has about a £4,400 mark up on it. I would try and knock it down a bit.

2. Same as above but without full leather or upgraded wheels. Represents about a 22% discount from original new price and this has the smallest dealer mark-up, as trade indicates about £19,260.

3. Lowest spec with just Nano paint. 22% discount from original price, and a high dealer mark-up like number 1. Trade value about £18,300, so £4,300 mark up.

If you can get number one for £22k that would be my pick :)

...having said that, a decent 64 plate Pre-FL S3 goes for around £23/24k...that would be where my money would go!

Reactions: LaurenP and NevMan
1. This one has the most options, as above. Leather, upgraded wheels and folding mirrors. This new would be £31,455, so priced at £22,990 it represents a 27% discount. Trade is about£18,500 too, so the dealer has about a £4,400 mark up on it. I would try and knock it down a bit.

2. Same as above but without full leather or upgraded wheels. Represents about a 22% discount from original new price and this has the smallest dealer mark-up, as trade indicates about £19,260.

3. Lowest spec with just Nano paint. 22% discount from original price, and a high dealer mark-up like number 1. Trade value about £18,300, so £4,300 mark up.

If you can get number one for £22k that would be my pick :)

...having said that, a decent 64 plate Pre-FL S3 goes for around £23/24k...that would be where my money would go!
Hi doctor!

Thank you. My brain is telling me to get the 18 plate one and my heart is telling me to get the leather one. I think im going to get the 18 plate one because it's a 18 plate. I just don't know thb. I'm going to go to my local audi and ask more info and see if they can negotiate with me. How much discount do you think I can get for number 2? The 2.0 car I listed on my last thread she wasn't having any of it and she didn't discount anything. I also wondered do I need to travel to that particular audi location or do they come to me? Do you think num 1 and 2 are over priced?

Oh and yes I can get s3 but my insurance would cost alot. The 2.0 one quoted me £2.1k :( :(
I am 25 btw :pride:

Hi doctor!

Thank you. My brain is telling me to get the 18 plate one and my heart is telling me to get the leather one. I think im going to get the 18 plate one because it's a 18 plate. I just don't know thb. I'm going to go to my local audi and ask more info and see if they can negotiate with me. How much discount do you think I can get for number 2? The 2.0 car I listed on my last thread she wasn't having any of it and she didn't discount anything. I also wondered do I need to travel to that particular audi location or do they come to me? Do you think num 1 and 2 are over priced?

Oh and yes I can get s3 but my insurance would cost alot. The 2.0 one quoted me £2.1k :( :(

Looks like no2 (18 plate) only available from 16 June, so must be demonstrator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi doctor!

Usually the pricing is quite heavily determined by the dealership. Depending on where they are located, some are a lot more competitive in order to attract customers. I know King's Lynn dealer typically offers lower prices, whereas I've noticed Watford Audi are typically massively over-priced.

What's odd is that of the three, number 2 was the closest to trade in value, whereas at number 3 was the usual +£4k mark up you would expect...yet both were from the same Doncaster Audi dealership...?? Basically the same car too...! Guess trade in for 18plates is just more competitive? Number 2 has a trade in of £19,620, so the dealers are trying to make about just over £3k in profit from it. Always worth trying to haggle the price down, but that's about what I would expect from a main dealer.

You might find you're able to haggle a better discount by getting it on their finance (as they can offset any discount/free servicing with the cost of the finance). Whether you chose to actually use Audi's finance is up to you, but you have the option of settling it within 14days of delivery at no charge. You of course get to keep all the discounts and bonuses though. That would be my approach when I come to buy next.

Not Nano, but this is Daytona (basically Daytona is a metallic grey, whereas Nano is a flat paint) with the virtual cockpit. It will be quite a desirable option on the newer model A3, so might help with resale? Also pretty cool to have for yourself as well :)

https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar...-front-wheel-drive-grey-1_GBR00586417763.htm#

Oh, and while an older 17 plate Nano Grey, because it was registered before 1st April 2017 it benefits from the lower VED rate of just £30 a year, as apposed to the same cars registered after 1st April 2017, which will have a VED of £140 per year. So while a relatively small cost in the grand scheme of car ownership, nice to pay just £30 when you have to!

https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar/audi/a3/a3-sportback/petrol/automatic/150bhp-front-wheel-drive-grey-1_GBR00483367705.htm#/i/s|10,AAAO|24,S line,S line Navigation,S line Plus,S line Special Edition,S line Sport Edition,S line Style Edition|91,08|92,B|94,A|1024,51.76051,-0.55652,800,Q3VycmVudCBsb2NhdGlvbg|1070,2015/l|12,1,INITIAL_REG,U

Last edited:
Usually the pricing is quite heavily determined by the dealership. Depending on where they are located, some are a lot more competitive in order to attract customers. I know King's Lynn dealer typically offers lower prices, whereas I've noticed Watford Audi are typically massively over-priced.

What's odd is that of the three, number 2 was the closest to trade in value, whereas at number 3 was the usual +£4k mark up you would expect...yet both were from the same Doncaster Audi dealership...?? Basically the same car too...! Guess trade in for 18plates is just more competitive? Number 2 has a trade in of £19,620, so the dealers are trying to make about just over £3k in profit from it. Always worth trying to haggle the price down, but that's about what I would expect from a main dealer.

You might find you're able to haggle a better discount by getting it on their finance (as they can offset any discount/free servicing with the cost of the finance). Whether you chose to actually use Audi's finance is up to you, but you have the option of settling it within 14days of delivery at no charge. You of course get to keep all the discounts and bonuses though. That would be my approach when I come to buy next.

Not Nano, but this is Daytona (basically Daytona is a metallic grey, whereas Nano is a flat paint) with the virtual cockpit. It will be quite a desirable option on the newer model A3, so might help with resale? Also pretty cool to have for yourself as well :)

https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar...-front-wheel-drive-grey-1_GBR00586417763.htm#

Oh, and while an older 17 plate Nano Grey, because it was registered before 1st April 2017 it benefits from the lower VED rate of just £30 a year, as apposed to the same cars registered after 1st April 2017, which will have a VED of £140 per year. So while a relatively small cost in the grand scheme of car ownership, nice to pay just £30 when you have to!

https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar/audi/a3/a3-sportback/petrol/automatic/150bhp-front-wheel-drive-grey-1_GBR00483367705.htm#/i/s|10,AAAO|24,S line,S line Navigation,S line Plus,S line Special Edition,S line Sport Edition,S line Style Edition|91,08|92,B|94,A|1024,51.76051,-0.55652,800,Q3VycmVudCBsb2NhdGlvbg|1070,2015/l|12,1,INITIAL_REG,U
Wow nice find :)
My brain is going to explode now lol. I think I've decided. Number 1 or the one you listed with the Virtual cockpit. The 18 plate one is not available yet '16th June' and I have no patients to wait that long :(

Which one would you pick and why? Also why is the VC one so cheap compare to the others? I thought VC alone is like £1k extra? I don't mind Daytona grey because that was my first choice but then my mom said that colour is very common and I should have something different but now you changed my mind for some reason :witless:

Reactions: NevMan
Looks like no2 (18 plate) only available from 16 June, so must be demonstrator.
Ahh yes you are right. I totally didn't see that :salute:
Thanks for mentioning that

I forgot to ask. (Dunno why I can't edit my last comment)
Is the appearance exactly the same as the 2.0 a3? I haven't physically seen 1.5 a3 yet so I was wondering if the outside appearance is exactly the same? from the pics, the bum looks different? Am I seeing things? :sorrow:

Typed on tapatalk

I forgot to ask. (Dunno why I can't edit my last comment)
Is the appearance exactly the same as the 2.0 a3? I haven't physically seen 1.5 a3 yet so I was wondering if the outside appearance is exactly the same? from the pics, the bum looks different? Am I seeing things? :sorrow:

Typed on tapatalk

Daytona is a lovely colour and is very desirable. VC is “only” a £250 option, but on a lot of models they force you to go for Tech Pack which is £1300+. Appearance should be same, unless one is PFL (pre face lift) in which case may differ.

Daytona is a lovely colour and is very desirable. VC is “only” a £250 option, but on a lot of models they force you to go for Tech Pack which is £1300+. Appearance should be same, unless one is PFL (pre face lift) in which case may differ.

And in the case of the one from Manchester Audi, looks like a PFL, but no pics to confirm. Quite loaded with options: Tech Pack etc, and good bang for buck as well as much cheaper road tax!

And in the case of the one from Manchester Audi, looks like a PFL, but no pics to confirm. Quite loaded with options: Tech Pack etc, and good bang for buck as well as much cheaper road tax!

Sorry, given reg, definitely PFL, but is that a deal breaker for you?

Sorry, given reg, definitely PFL, but is that a deal breaker for you?

It was registered in October 2017.
Facelift came in around August/September 2016.....

It’s a FL, not a PFL A3. It’s also not cheaper VED as it’s after April 2017.

The Nano grey from Maidstone has cheaper VED and is also FL.

Fair enough, didn’t equate the 67 reg to Oct 17.....stepping away from the computer :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fair enough, didn’t equate the 67 reg to Oct 17.....stepping away from the computer :)

Lol....with so many registration dates I still get confused...particularly trying to work it out at 6am on a Monday morning! Haha!

Lol....with so many registration dates I still get confused...particularly trying to work it out at 6am on a Monday morning! Haha!

Your analysis and options very thorough, now “just” down to @Lauren P to choose one, and get a price/deal she is happy with.

Reactions: LaurenP and DrEskimo
Your analysis and options very thorough, now “just” down to @Lauren P to choose one, and get a price/deal she is happy with.

Just to add, some dealers will pay for you to stay over (like my local Tetbury Audi Dealership). I would say you will often get better deals up North, or outside of the bigger cities/towns, but is dependant often on their targets. Strike now as end of month :)

That's good. That's what I want the new FL model :)

The 18 plate one is sold apparently they emailed me. However the Doyototo A3 they have not emailed me yet. :blue:

Yes doctor should be admin because he knows so much about audis and explain in such detailed :soap:

99% I'm going to buy the 67 plate Doyototo a3 but still waiting for them. I contacted my local audi and she is talking about finance and stuff already I'm going to pop down tomorrow and see what's up :salute:

Haha. Love the new colour....Doyototo :wtf:

Reactions: LaurenP and Jassyo06
Yes doctor should be admin because he knows so much about audis and explain in such detailed :soap:

99% I'm going to buy the 67 plate Doyototo a3 but still waiting for them. I contacted my local audi and she is talking about finance and stuff already I'm going to pop down tomorrow and see what's up :salute:

Bit of a number cruncher is oor @DrEskimo lol and a closet S3 admirer

Reactions: DrEskimo, NevMan and LaurenP
Bit of a number cruncher is oor @DrEskimo lol and a closet S3 admirer

I believe ‘sad git’ is the technical term....

Haha hardly closet! I had one on order!
Was thinking the other day actually what car I would buy if I needed one tomorrow. Still can’t think of much else beyond the S3....maybe an S5 Coupe again, but parking would be an issue and I don’t like the new B9...

Now should it be 3-door, 5-door or a Saloon. If only there was a thread to help me decide :search:

Reactions: TYb and Jassyo06

Was thinking the other day actually what car I would buy if I needed one tomorrow. Still can’t think of much else beyond the S3....maybe an S5 Coupe again, but parking would be an issue and I don’t like the new B9...

Now should it be 3-door, 5-door or a Saloon. If only there was a thread to help me decide :search:

3/5 door or saloon that's not really the hypothetical question you should be asking yourself. . The question.. . .should be when is best time to buy one and that'll be around Nov to Feb....

Haha, ah yes, THAT thread