Help Please!! A3 Pioneer Avic-F77 Install

xxxSimoneBxxx

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm really hoping I'm in the right place and someone here can advise me.

I have a 2005 Audi A3 S-Line DSG, it came with the an RNS-E head unit with a modified harness (the car originally came with the Symphony head unit, the RNS-E was a replacement) but didn't have bluetooth (separate Parrot that didn't work), so no Phone connection or bluetooth music and to top it off, the radio is temperamental and only seems to show stations with a strong signal.

To replace the RNS-E, I purchased a Pioneer Avic F-77 DAB (DAB, bluetooth, CarPlay & Android Auto) to install in its place.
I requested some advice on harnesses from Car Audio Centre and they advised/sent me the CTSAD002.2 Audi Can-bus Quadlock harness (amongst other bits in the kit).

When nothing looked correct or seemed to connect, I took the car to the only audio place in town (I live in Devon and we literally have one audio shop in a 60/70 mile radius and the owner is a bit of an a**e to say the least, especially when you happen to be female and blonde!). The audio place wanted £100 to fit the unit to my car (bearing in mind I had already brought the head unit and the harness kit, another £100 was a tad too much - especially when he was going to "cut and slice" the incorrect harness to "make it fit").

So to the help...... I now know I have an ISO connection (the car originally came with the Symphony head unit)......so need to know which Connect2 kit I need, if any. I don't have the multifunction steering wheel (although would like to add this at a later date), or rear camera, it does have Bose, although not sure if its full or half, amplified or active!!!.

Please, please, please can one of you experts point me in the right direction, I really need your help!!

Many thanks,

Simone xoxo

Is halfords near you they may not know everything but they can order it in if they don't have it. I have a Sony unit to audi stuff put some pics of what you have may help more as mine is a 00 a4

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hi Alex,

There is a Halfords nearby, been there twice and both times the only guy who seems to know anything about ICE has been tied up with installs. Tried booking it in with them, but as the head unit didn't come from them, they won't touch it.

I will try Halfords again, thanks for the reply.

Simone xoxo

My connector to my audi loom Is pc4-901 I think but you have to move the cable for the amp to the yellow connector to turn it on when you put the key in the ignition to power the hu

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk