Pic Request? Dolphin Grey..

w_inman

Reaction score
Hey all, been a member for a while now but this is my first post!
Im close to buying an s3 and am looking for inspiration..

Does anyone know anymore info about the following car...
s3sline19poliert-022_209.jpg

s3sline19poliert-009_137.jpg

greys3.jpg

Or have any more pics of it? I found these in an old post and instantly fell in love with it!!
Any help would be good.

Wayne

I posted that car a few months ago it is from a german website..Ill find some more pics when i get home. It is gorgeous, but not difficult to replicate, lowering springs, spacers and a dechromed front grill and your there. :)

Have a look in my gallery ... there are a few pics there.
More over the weekend (clean car permitting!)

:)

I think it looks amazing too, I have some stupid volcano black which is like the illegitmate child of Dolphin Grey and Metallic Black, and I think I might copy too, is there any guides on here about how to de chrome the grille?

dolphin grey will be my first choice when looking for an S3 - seems quite rare though.
Did they make them in that colour pre-facelift, as that is my only option really for insurance purposes :s

Never seen a pre-facelift dolphin grey to be honest..

More of this stunning motor....
dolphin.jpg

dolphin3.jpg

dolphin4.jpg

..couple more...

TT footrest... wonder how they got that to fit??? :uhm:

Pre facelift dolphin was a different colour, cant remeber name, but it was more "gun metal" rather that the blueish tint thats in Dolphin.

I believe Dolphin came in around mid 2002, wont find it on an S3 before this time.

It's nothing really special - just a dechromed grill, some spacers and lowered. It does look good, but a lowered S3 is really impractical when it comes to speed bumps and inclines. Only problem with dolphin is that it completely hides the grey rubber strips along the side and on the rear bumper of the S3 making it look more like a A3 with big alloys

Thanks for all the help guys! The car really is so simple yet stunning (thats what i like about it)

silver75 - Thanks for the pics!!
Its making me want an s3 even more, need to wait a couple of months before i can afford one tho :(

S3_MCD said:
I believe Dolphin came in around mid 2002, wont find it on an S3 before this time.

Is that gospel?

I have a 51 S3 and was told by the previous owner that it was Dolphin Grey. :(

Any way of finding out? Colour codes etc.?

Cheers,

ICE

vanilla_ice said:
Is that gospel?

I have a 51 S3 and was told by the previous owner that it was Dolphin Grey. :(

Any way of finding out? Colour codes etc.?

Cheers,

ICE

there is a 4 dig code on the white sticker in the boot by spare wheel or in your service book which is the paint code, Audi can tell you

ChriS3 said:
Are they 19" RS4's on that S3?
Looking at it I would say they are 19s...

Its interesting that he has what looks like the tt footrest but not cut (like ess-three's):uhm:

silver75 said:
Looking at it I would say they are 19s...

Its interesting that he has what looks like the tt footrest but not cut (like ess-three's):uhm:

The footrest area is bigger on LHD cars so the TT plate should fit with less modifying.