When I look at the headlights on the Merc CLA250, and the new Infiniti Q60

gamegenie

Eazy-E CPT OG from the Otherside
Reaction score
I wonder why didn't Audi just utilize Dual-function LED Day-time Running Lights for the Bi-Xenons.

It's a shame they only offered it to LED headlights and the LED headlights end up having poor low-beam light-output.

Does anyone know if the facelift 8Vs have improved LED lighting. I noticed that IIHS gave the A4 LEDs an Acceptable rating.

Your talking the turning signal incorporating the led daytime running lights cost that's what it's down to nothing more,as for the new FL car l am sure they are good performance wise but sadly l am a little disappointed in the colour of them,saw my first facelift saloon the headlights/drls looked a sort of warm white in tone around 3800k when compared to the new A4/Q3 and the TT they all have a whitey blue tone to them especially the TT at around 5000k > cool white tone why they are produced with different coloured SMD's is beyond me

Reactions: pburv and gamegenie
Your talking the turning signal incorporating the led daytime running lights cost that's what it's down to nothing more,as for the new FL car l am sure they are good performance wise but sadly l am a little disappointed in the colour of them,saw my first facelift saloon the headlights/drls looked a sort of warm white in tone around 3800k when compared to the new A4/Q3 and the TT they all have a whitey blue tone to them especially the TT at around 5000k > cool white tone why they are produced with different coloured SMD's is beyond me
yes. That's exactly what I'm talking about.
It seems Audi thought they make a buck off the LED package option.
But it backfired (manly at the consumer who bought it) ended up getting just a pretty looking headlamp with poor quality compared to the Bi-Xenon.

The Bi-Xenon ended up getting a 'danky looking' (I made that word up) turn signal when it could have incorporated it's DRL LED to do the same function and be in-scope with competing Mercedes CLA250, and now Infiniti and other brands are going with the obvious, just make the DRL the turn signal.

That space for the filament turn-signal LED bulb could have been spaced used to equip every Bi-Xenon headlamp with the static cornering bulb.
This would have really made their headlight rating look good to our government testing.

Come to think of it, if Audi would have given us NA owners the option for the High-Beam assist, that feature coupled with what I stated above would have gave the A3 headlights an excellent rating.

Reactions: pburv
yes. That's exactly what I'm talking about.
It seems Audi thought they make a buck off the LED package option.
But it backfired (manly at the consumer who bought it) ended up getting just a pretty looking headlamp with poor quality compared to the Bi-Xenon.

The Bi-Xenon ended up getting a 'danky looking' (I made that word up) turn signal when it could have incorporated it's DRL LED to do the same function and be in-scope with competing Mercedes CLA250, and now Infiniti and other brands are going with the obvious, just make the DRL the turn signal.

That space for the filament turn-signal LED bulb could have been spaced used to equip every Bi-Xenon headlamp with the static cornering bulb.
This would have really made their headlight rating look good to our government testing.

Come to think of it, if Audi would have given us NA owners the option for the High-Beam assist, that feature coupled with what I stated above would have gave the A3 headlights an excellent rating.

GG...your going back a few years mate when led headlamp lighting technology was in its infancy pre 2011 when the 8v was in its development... Things move fast with this led technology,as for me, l am still not sure if its better than xenon,more eco friendly, cheaper because most manufacturers don't have to provide a headlamp pressure jet wash system unless it's over 2000 lumens the new A4 doesn't have the headlamp pressure jet wash system unless you opt for the matrix lights....get yourself a R8 with them main beam laser lights
...lol

Reactions: pburv
I had LEDs on my new shape Seat Leon.

Not a patch on HIDs.

LEDs have way too sharp cut off with no light bleed. Means you dont see as much of the road ahead or the road edges.

the new A4 doesn't have the headlamp pressure jet wash system unless you opt for the matrix lights

It doesn't even come with them then. Still an optional extra even with the Matrix LED lights so they must be under the limit still.

It doesn't even come with them then. Still an optional extra even with the Matrix LED lights so they must be under the limit still.

Standard on the S3, but optional on the rest of the A3 range, even the S-Line which has LED lights.

They're not a legal requirement with headlamps under 2000 lumens, many owners here complained about them anyway as they put water spots on their nice clean bonnets and wings and were asking on how to disable them.