Is this a good deal on a new Sportback?

MrLapou

Reaction score
Hi guyz, need your considerable advice on this deal I'm being offered for a new car supplied through an Audi UK dealer via broker.

5D SportBack 2.0 TDi 140 S-Tronic ROTR incl Car tax, 12mths etc £21,058.60 incl options below.
5D SportBack 2.0 TDi 170 S-Tronic ROTR incl Car tax, 12mths etc £21,786.67 incl options below.
Colour: Solid Red

£1235 optiona are:

Driver Info System £235.00
MF steering wheel with S-Tronic & Audio controls £240.00
Privacy Glass £325.00
Rear Park Sensors £260.00
Hill hold £80.00
Rear Hatch Sunshade £85.00

Also is it worth paying extra for sport seats and if so is there much differenece in comfort, longevity and feel between the Alcatara and full Nappa leather?

Dunno if those are good deals or not,but if you're considering sports seats then aren't you as well going for the S-line pack ?
Not that I'm considering getting another A3,but I wouldn't entertain one without the S-line pack.
Without the S-line wheels,they just look dull dull dull.

I recently paid £22.5k for my new 3dr 2.0t Quattro Sline special edition with the following options from a main dealer

Heated front seats
Electric lumbar supports
Bose
Centre Armrest
6 Disc CD changer
Rear Mats
Full tank of gogo juice.

You could knock down the price you have been given by at least another
1.5 k

I wouldnt bother with the parking sensors as its a really easy car to park

What you really should do is get a couple of quotes from places like drive the deal etc etc and take them with to the dealer and get them to match the price. You should get around 10 % off the list price of the car with not to much bother

The car your buying is only 19k OTR or therabouts at full list

Is it a base model, Sport or SE?

From what I've seen, a lot of people have been getting around 10% off the OTR total recently - aim for that.

I would guess it's a Sport or SE otherwise not a good deal. I too got 10% from my local dealer without too much trouble just had to take an online quote along.

Just to prove that beauty is in the eye of the beholder I prefer the sport wheels to the S-line.

I agree with co55ie. I've just ordered a Sportback 2.0TDi 170 with about £700 of extras. I went through an online broker and got put into touch with a UK dealer. After shopping around online (Drive the deal, Autoebid, etc), I got him to match the best price, resulting in 11.5% saving.

ETA 6 weeks, can't wait!

Thanks guys, I knew you'd come up with good suggestions.

Oh yes it is the SE spec I'm considering...

Nichburton if you do not mind me asking which UK dealer did you buy from?

Went through m1audi.co.uk (online broker) and they put me in touch with Stafford Audi. Will cost me a £30 train ticket to collect it, but it'll be worth it.

don't agree with bowfer - S-Lines are gettin ten a penny now and in my opinion they are dull cos u get what your given and thats it BLACK BLACK BLACK yuk - you can't customise the interior as easily as a normal sport or SE

nichburton said:
and they put me in touch with Stafford Audi.

My Father got his A6 from Stafford Audi, fantastic service according to him and he`s a perfectionist. Even he admitted it was superbly prepared.

steve184 said:
don't agree with bowfer - S-Lines are gettin ten a penny now and in my opinion they are dull cos u get what your given and thats it BLACK BLACK BLACK yuk - you can't customise the interior as easily as a normal sport or SE

Fair enough,I wasn't thinking about the interior.
I need a car to look good from the outside,or I simply don't want to drive it.
IMO,the only wheels worth bothering with on the A3 are the 18" ones you get with the S-line.