Alloys painting

IRONy_MAN

IRONy_MAN
Reaction score
Hi Guys as I've decided to keep my a4 I would like to go forward with a small project I've had in my mind for a few months. Rs4 grille and alloys plus calipers paint. Alloys in bronze and calipers in red. This is for exterior for interior I ll get a new haircut next week And now no joke a stage 1 remap.Plan done,no money but the most important part is that I have no idea where can I take the alloys for a nice paint around southwest London. I've seen a garage next to my wife work place in Putney but Honestly all the guys in there are looking a bit daft but I have a feeling that the customers ar the same dough...so not too many options.. there is one:as I have an air compresor and all the tools at work.. I just need to find some bronze paint and red one for calipers from halfords maybe... (halfords' not really my shop). Never paint alloys before but I have a plan (I think) Any suggestions are welcomed. Adi

Just a thought Adi a photo of said alloys may help people give advice.

Imo I'd always want mine powdercoating if I was going for a colour change.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Just a thought Adi a photo of said alloys may help people give advice.

Imo I'd always want mine powdercoating if I was going for a colour change.

At this point this is my best photo of'em

Attachments

• IMG_0798.JPG
    IMG_0798.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
At this point this is my best photo of'em
If it was me mate and you can afford it get them powdercoated, good on you for thinking about doing it yourself.
Car looks mint so again imo if you don't get a decent finish it'll spoil it.

If it was me mate and you can afford it get them powdercoated, good on you for thinking about doing it yourself.
Car looks mint so again imo if you don't get a decent finish it'll spoil it.

so basically you're tellin' me to get a comapany to do them?

so basically you're tellin' me to get a comapany to do them?
If it was me yeah.
Powdercoated, I've seen too many crap spray jobs on alloys.

Google the local powdercoating places near you, look for reviews. A decent place will have loads of alloys already done for you to see the colors/finishes etc.. Average price (up north east) is 18's £220, don't know what it's like near you?

I'm sure others will be along and give advice and thoughts as well.

Reactions: IRONy_MAN
If it was me yeah.
Powdercoated, I've seen too many **** spray jobs on alloys.

Google the local powdercoating places near you, look for reviews. A decent place will have loads of alloys already done for you to see the colors/finishes etc.. Average price (up north east) is 18's £220, don't know what it's like near you?

I'm sure others will be along and give advice and thoughts as well.

Thanks you must come around London(west) cause I have some beers for you at cool

Definitely get them refurbished professionally with powder coat.
If you Fizzy rattle can them, especially a different colour and it will make it look ruffer than a badgers **** once the paint starts to flake and drops off.
(which it will)
A good quality wheel refurbishment often looks better than new.

Just saying obviously.

Reactions: IRONy_MAN and feva
If you Fizzy rattle can them, especially a different colour and it will make it look ruffer than a badgers **** once the paint starts to flake and drops off.
(which it will)

Just saying obviously.
Nice Chez there's me being all nice and you explained exactly what I was thinking

Reactions: CHEZ and IRONy_MAN
(which it will)

Just saying obviously.
Cool man another one for powder coat. Thanks

Reactions: CHEZ