Bad mpg on S3 after coil pack change

Mik

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody could shine some light on this.
I had engine emission light flash up, had readings of 'random misfire' and 'misfire on cylinder 4'. Replaced with Bosch coil pack and new plugs and all sorted now.
However, mpg and fuel consumption is worse than before. I can see the fuel gauge and digital reading on the dash fall on short journeys. I know S3's aren't the easiest on petrol but this is much worse than before. Can't afford to run it at this rate, I'll be forced on the buses!
Has anybody got any ideas on where I should start looking?
Thanks for any help.

Is it getting up to temp ok? Could be thermostat, I had mine go on A3 tfsi and the mpg was shocking!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Check around the area for a split vacuum pipe or one not pushed home fully

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Any fault codes?
None on display but need to get it onto my friends laptop to check in more detail. Going to put the old coil packs in a see if it makes a difference, probably not!

Check around the area for a split vacuum pipe or one not pushed home fully

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
Thanks Lee, I'll have a look this afternoon

Is it getting up to temp ok? Could be thermostat, I had mine go on A3 tfsi and the mpg was shocking!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
The fans not kicking in till about 3 quarters of the way on the dial, way over 90. Thinking the thermo is pooped, would that effect mpg then?
Many thanks Robin

No only effects mpg if it getting to 90 and falling when moving

No only effects mpg if it getting to 90 and falling when moving

It warms and gets to 90 no problem, if stationary though for more than 5 mins starts to overheat. Will that be thermostat?

As long as the fans come on its fine

Thanks Lee, even if the fan doesn't come on till just below the red is that ok i.e. thermo ok?

Hell no that is way way to hot, fans not kicking in for some reason then?