Ordered... S4 Avant

I'm really interested in the VCDS exhaust thing too (as long as it's more efffective than tying the flap back with metal wire on a twin exhaust S3, as was all the rage back then :))
There's a lot of people on ASN with the kit/ability. I might see what it's like first so that, when/if I do it...I'll notice it more haha.

Reactions: pierreluigi88
What did you change, spec wise?
Nothing, I stuck with what I planned. The dealer told me yesterday that the car was one they had preordered and changed the spec of to suit what i wanted. I don't know what spec they had origionally ordered.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm interested in the vcds stuff. I currently have an obdeleven which im going to try before investing in hex-net, i did have the previous ross tech kit but sold it given its not fully compatible with the A4 I was pleased i got back what i paid for it.

I'm going to be looking for
Things like enabling alarm chirp on lock unlock if its not already switched on.

I'm not sure if the front parking sensors auto activate, it was something I turned on on my S3. I've been struggling to find any decent resources on vcds yet though. Not sure what else you can unlock yet.

I'll see on the exhaust flaps. I found it more annoying on my s3 made it drone on the motorway when they were open all the time.

I'm interested in the vcds stuff. I currently have an obdeleven which im going to try before investing in hex-net, i did have the previous ross tech kit but sold it given its not fully compatible with the A4 I was pleased i got back what i paid for it.

I'm going to be looking for
Things like enabling alarm chirp on lock unlock if its not already switched on.

I'm not sure if the front parking sensors auto activate, it was something I turned on on my S3. I've been struggling to find any decent resources on vcds yet though. Not sure what else you can unlock yet.

I'll see on the exhaust flaps. I found it more annoying on my s3 made it drone on the motorway when they were open all the time.

Front sensors on my a4 quattro auto activate! So one less of a hassle for you :)

Reactions: Brasso
They have always auto activatedwhen selecting reverse, including the s3's, is that what you're referring too if so why didn't yours Brasso?

He's talking about the front ones, if you pull up to a wall for example, you never select reverse so it doesn't switch them on.

However, as @h1r4 said. When you get close enough, they do come on automatically, they do come on abit late for my liking tho.

Hell no, can you turn that off? I didn't notice they did it on all my test drives...
Just found it in the manual, activated at 95cm, starts bleeping at 50cm, auto activation can be turned off as well....

Last edited:
They have always auto activatedwhen selecting reverse, including the s3's, is that what you're referring too if so why didn't yours Brasso?

Yeah they do in reverse it's when your going forward into a spot they don't. I set them up to auto activate saved me a couple of times in multi story cps with low walls that are not always obvious.

We used to have a local one when I lived in Woking a few years ago where the wall was painted the same colour as the floor and people were endlessly crashing into it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In that case you hope Audi Pre-Sence might save you! I'd be interested in making them come on sooner to be honest!

I know
In that case you hope Audi Pre-Sence might save you! I'd be interested in making them come on sooner to be honest!

I know what you mean not sure if thats possible though, it certainly didnt seem to be on the S3.

If I feel the need to have the sensors on I turn them, magic what you can do with digit these days ;-) One wonders how we all survived without them in days of old...

If I feel the need to have the sensors on I turn them, magic what you can do with digit these days ;-) One wonders how we all survived without them in days of old...

Omg press a button

Brasso,
That Navarro Blue in the flesh is stunning. And the exhaust sounds pretty good as standard. Albeit on a S5 coupe it shouldn't sound much different.

Reactions: Brasso and Thundercliffe81
Brasso,
That Navarro Blue in the flesh is stunning. And the exhaust sounds pretty good as standard. Albeit on a S5 coupe it shouldn't sound much different.
Any comparison thoughts between B8.5 S4/5 and the new exhaust? Louder would you say on start up/idle/low revs?

Only heard start up and idle in the showroom when sat with the sales bloke. I was surprised it was the S5 and not an RS*****

Reactions: frankc and Brasso
Bit of a lurker here as the A5OC forum doesn't seem to be what it used to be back when I had my B8 A5 2.0T quattro S tronic back in 2009. I'm back in the market for a coupe and the B9 S5 is right up there but I've not even seen an A/S5 in the flesh yet let alone test driven one. Do I take from your message that there is a Navarra Blue S5 at an Audi dealer somewhere in the UK? I would love to go and see it if it's not too far away as Navarra would be the colour I would go for. Also is Navarra the same as VW's Atlantic Blue on their new Tiguan as I saw that today and it does look good otherwise I've only seen it on an S3 cabriolet in a showroom and it certainly pops when under bright lights.

Yes, it was left hand drive S5 coupe in Navvara Blue with Rotor Grey seats. I sent a friend there today to have a look but they had shipped it off to Swansea.
Not sure about the VW colour comparison

Thanks one of the salesmen I spoke to last week mentioned there was one doing the rounds of various dealerships but I've got no idea when it will be in SE area! Out of interest what did you think of the S5 and the colour combo?

Thanks one of the salesmen I spoke to last week mentioned there was one doing the rounds of various dealerships but I've got no idea when it will be in SE area! Out of interest what did you think of the S5 and the colour combo?

Hmm be good to track that down I've only seen an S3 drop top in Navarra so far and nothing with rotor grey seats.

It's going the wrong way as it was in Swindon Audi.
The Blue/silver external was stunning. The rotor grey was nice but I went for the black.

I've gone rotor as I had two black audi interiors on the trot.

I moved away from Audi to BMW for my last two cars as a result of the all black S Line interiors and had beige and white in an F10 and F30 respectively. I would normally chose a grey interior to go with a blue exterior but the rotor grey does look quite dark and I prefer the light coloured stitching on the black seats so veering back to black although all subject to change when I actually get to see one!

Chirp on locking is an option in the MMI on the b9 A4 so I'd guess it will be on the S4 also, no need to mess about with VCDS.

Chirp on locking is an option in the MMI on the b9 A4 so I'd guess it will be on the S4 also, no need to mess about with VCDS.
Great, thats good news.

Interesting to read your conversation with the dealer Brasso. Am off to Wimbledon Audi this afternoon to have a hopefully similar chat. 8V S3 Sportback (Estoril Blue ftw!) PCP ends next February and have expanded the family to the point where a proper Avant is required. Looking at the S-Line Quattro Tdis but also surprised how close the S4 is in price when you spec it up.

I'm seeing 9% discount on Carwow so have a base point for the conversation if they're sensible. Did you get the higher dealer contribution being advertised at the moment (c£2.5k) or did yours suffer in the negotiation I.e standard 1k, if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers, and congrats on a great sounding spec.

RRB

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Interesting to read your conversation with the dealer Brasso. Am off to Wimbledon Audi this afternoon to have a hopefully similar chat. 8V S3 Sportback (Estoril Blue ftw!) PCP ends next February and have expanded the family to the point where a proper Avant is required. Looking at the S-Line Quattro Tdis but also surprised how close the S4 is in price when you spec it up.

I'm seeing 9% discount on Carwow so have a base point for the conversation if they're sensible. Did you get the higher dealer contribution being advertised at the moment (c£2.5k) or did yours suffer in the negotiation I.e standard 1k, if you don't mind me asking?

RRB
Try and speak to David Williams at Wimbledon. A good guy who we bought an A4 and A5 from back in 2009 when he was at the now defunct Dulwich Audi. He matched the DTD price at the time. He might recall us and you can mention that I am going to contact him for a price on an S5 once I've seen one!

RRB

Pretty close. I got audi and dealer matched so worked out at £2ish contribution before discounts. I don't have the paper work to hand to give you th exact figure.

I had a bit of leverage too over some less than perfect service so they were bending over to help to be honest. I pushed them up to a broker deal but never actually had to mention it. I just knew what I had to negotiate on. I had not expected the S4 to work price wise against the A4 but the deal offer meant I went for it, yes it'll cost a little more to run but I'm really not bothered by that in the grand scheme but of things.

Here's a little teaser by a good man on the continent. Follow his YouTube channel. The exhaust is quite deep. I really like the subtle crackles. But I think overall, it just looks far more menacing and sharp. Cannot wait!

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, pierreluigi88 and Brasso

Just coming back to this, I've delved into the MMI on our B9 A4 and can't for the life of me find how to enable chirp / confirmation noise on locking...?

Have found the central locking settings but only seem to have the ability to change unlocking to Drivers door / all doors and double press opens all windows or not, plus disabling / enabling power boot opening.

Any chance you can share exactly where / how this is possible, as both myself and my better half are always having to look back at the car and press again to double check its actually locked.

cheers

Reactions: h1r4
Pretty close. I got audi and dealer matched so worked out at £2ish contribution before discounts. I don't have the paper work to hand to give you th exact figure.

I had a bit of leverage too over some less than perfect service so they were bending over to help to be honest. I pushed them up to a broker deal but never actually had to mention it. I just knew what I had to negotiate on. I had not expected the S4 to work price wise against the A4 but the deal offer meant I went for it, yes it'll cost a little more to run but I'm really not bothered by that in the grand scheme but of things.
Doh. Damn the auto correct. That was 2k ish not £2

Any chance you can share exactly where / how this is possible, as both myself and my better half are always having to look back at the car and press again to double check its actually locked.

cheers

According to the manual (p44) it's in car > left button > vehicle settings > central locking. I haven't enabled it on mine, just assumed because it's in the manual it would work. I just checked and it does say in a note at the bottom "this feature is not available on all export versions" so maybe it isn't enabled in the U.K. menu and would need VCDS to enable it here. Will check next time I'm in the car and see if I can find it on mine!

As an aside, make sure you don't re-press the lock button within 2 seconds as that disables part of the alarm system so the vehicle isn't fully protected. I was really in the habit of pressing the button a couple of times on my B7, have had to really force myself to get out of the habit!

According to the manual (p44) it's in car > left button > vehicle settings > central locking. I haven't enabled it on mine, just assumed because it's in the manual it would work. I just checked and it does say in a note at the bottom "this feature is not available on all export versions" so maybe it isn't enabled in the U.K. menu and would need VCDS to enable it here. Will check next time I'm in the car and see if I can find it on mine!

As an aside, make sure you don't re-press the lock button within 2 seconds as that disables part of the alarm system so the vehicle isn't fully protected. I was really in the habit of pressing the button a couple of times on my B7, have had to really force myself to get out of the habit!

Definitely not within the MMI > Left Button > Vehicle Settings > Central Locking > on our 2016 A4 3TDi Quattro Sport, sadly.

And I tend to look back then unlock & then lock again if I didn't hear it click the locks or wasn't looking, that way I can then see the lights to know, its funny as you'd think it'd be second nature to look as you do it, but invariably I'm rushing to get somewhere or distracted with something else.

Well it seems the dealer has ordered a second car just in case they couldn't spec change the first one. Audi have just sent me the order link for the second order and a notification of a Jan 24th build slot. Today this went back to mid Feb....

Got my order number for my "actual" order but still not recognised on your audi. Dealer still says it's week 45/46. Hopefully that won't slip. Fingers crossed.

Well it seems the dealer has ordered a second car just in case they couldn't spec change the first one. Audi have just sent me the order link for the second order and a notification of a Jan 24th build slot. Today this went back to mid Feb....

Got my order number for my "actual" order but still not recognised on your audi. Dealer still says it's week 45/46. Hopefully that won't slip. Fingers crossed.

So you're sticking with the original build order?

Fingers crossed for you man. All of us are in same build week and it does seem like a tall order to be ready for Christmas.

So you're sticking with the original build order?

Fingers crossed for you man. All of us are in same build week and it does seem like a tall order to be ready for Christmas.

Yeah I'm told they were able to amend the spec on a dealer order but as I can't log it I've only their word so fingers crossed. I'm sticking with that so long as it's right when it arrives.

The second order is exactly the same spec at the moment and hasn't as yet been reallocated.

I wonder how many build runs they do on the S4? I have build week 17! And alll the others 10 I saw with that group were the same week.

@Brasso - writing as someone who had a car delivered by an Audi dealer which did NOT meet the purchase spec, I admit to being a bit paranoid (such that I did my own PDI on my S5 before the dealer did theirs). However what you have written about your order would make me nervous. I recommend that you check that the car delivered definitely meets your spec before you pay for it.

@Brasso - writing as someone who had a car delivered by an Audi dealer which did NOT meet the purchase spec, I admit to being a bit paranoid (such that I did my own PDI on my S5 before the dealer did theirs). However what you have written about your order would make me nervous. I recommend that you check that the car delivered definitely meets your spec before you pay for it.

I know what you mean dippy, I certainly won't be signing on the dotted line until it's been confirmed and fully checked.

The proper order has now popped up on your audi and has a 14th November build date and the specs listed on both order appears identical.

Only thing not listed is the seat colour but that goes for both orders.

I know what you mean dippy, I certainly won't be signing on the dotted line until it's been confirmed and fully checked.

The proper order has now popped up on your audi and has a 14th November build date and the specs listed on both order appears identical.

Only thing not listed is the seat colour but that goes for both orders.

Was about to reply with a question then you answered it! Haha. Seat colour was the only thing missing on my order. 14 November for me too. I think we have the first build run unless somebody else can say otherwise?