Warranty Repair Questions

Palooza

Reaction score
I've got a few issues on my car that are driving me insane, mainly rattles but I feel cheeky taking the car into Audi for them and expecting to get it done for free. I hope these will be warranty but how do you approach it?

Take the car in, tell them the problem and do they tell you if it's warranty or not? I've never had a car before thats under manufacture warranty.

The drivers door rattles.. sounds like it's the door card silver trim.
The passenger door card creaks and squeaks going round even the slightest corner, feels like it moves.
My headlights aren't level (LED ones)
The windscreen washers are way off, one goes over the car and one hits the bottom.

Turbo was also sounding a bit whistley the other day, not sure if I'm paranoid after my last car blowing it, but would they check it out if I mentioned it?

Are these likely to be warranty items before I waste my time? I'd rather not go rattle fixing myself :|

2014 S3

All of those should be covered under warranty. Polite phone call to explain your niggles and book an appointment.

Don't worry about it. All the things you suggest need looking at. Make sure you tell them that you are booking it in for warranty work.

Note that the audi dealer will get paid by Audi for carrying out warranty work.

The washer jets willnot be warranty, however these are easily adjusted and they will do that for free, when you phone up to book it in they will start a warranty job card over the phone for the other problems

The washer jets willnot be warranty, however these are easily adjusted and they will do that for free, when you phone up to book it in they will start a warranty job card over the phone for the other problems

I would agree this isn't warranty work if the car is a few months old, but if recently collected this should have been sorted at the PDI. But as you say, they should do this as a courtesy.

Everything else is a legitimate warranty expectation although some dealers are better than others with 'squeaks and rattles'. They aren't always easy to isolate and can take several trips. Also, if you didn't buy the car from that dealer some can be a little less willing to sort rattles so yo may have to be insistent with them.

If you encounter problems (which you shouldn't), remind them the car is marketed as a premium product with particular emphasis on the quality of the interior.

Whilst dealers get paid for warranty work, it's not their full customer hourly rate, so if they are busy may try to stall you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv
Turbo was also sounding a bit whistley the other day, not sure if I'm paranoid after my last car blowing it, but would they check it out if I mentioned it?

Are these likely to be warranty items before I waste my time? I'd rather not go rattle fixing myself :|

2014 S3

There have been more turbo issues on the 2014:s so definitely think you should mention it...

Reactions: pburv
So from reading what you say, do you have to make a specific warranty appointment? Or can you tell them it's warranty if you book online.

I'll definitely mention the turbo, wasn't even aware there was issues.. But mine is December 2014, so not sure if they would of changed them by then.

The car was approved used and I've had it since begging of August and the washer jets have been the same, but then again the checklist I got wasn't really accurate.

Thanks for the help :)

Warranty all the way. Mini had my old Countryman in for 6 weeks to sort the rattles and creaks around the full dashboard. It came back worse and was put back in the next day for a further 3 weeks.
There should be no problems getting them to fix them,if they can replicate the rattles!