Drivers window fault

Mat196

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with my window. To get it go up and down I have to press the switch multiple times. It goes down up and down fine if I send the windows down off the key.
Am I right in diagnosing the switch is at fault not the regulator or motor?
Once it's going up n down there isn't any unusual noises ect.

Had a quick search on eBay at window switches and you can get a replacement switch from £9.99 (the 1 with 4 window switches and the rear locking button)
Is this a common fault?
Any replies appreciated

sounds like the switch - common fault as I understand.
i had the same problem a few months back and swapped out the 3 single door switches as well as the drivers.
its easy enough to do but make sure you have some more door card clips as you will break some when taking the door card(s) off.
ta
Mike

They seem to be new units on eBay for as little as £9.99
I'm a little sceptical as they might be cheap chinese copies.
I recently had the windows tinted and watched them remove the door cards without breaking any clips! They made it look so easy

Got mine off eBay, about £20 for all 4 if I remember rightly. No problems with them yet...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

They seem to be new units on eBay for as little as £9.99
I'm a little sceptical as they might be cheap chinese copies.
I recently had the windows tinted and watched them remove the door cards without breaking any clips! They made it look so easy
The ones I used (cheap Chinese ones) seem to be fine, holding up well after many months and you really can't tell the difference.

I have a similar problem with my offside rear window, it will be fine for weeks then out of the blue it will become very sporadic in its function.
I can it open fine from the rear door switch but from the remote driver switch it doesn't allways open/close the window properly, sometimes it will go down and not up other times it will go down and just stay in a set postion, 10 mins later its fine, very odd, I did suspect the remote drivers switch but all the time its working i'm a bit amiss to start messing around with it , I suppose a new switch is needed now aswell.

So can the single switches fail?

I have a issue we're the passenger side ones don't like to work off their own switches but work fine off the drivers master switch.

So would changeing the single switches and the master switch resolve this?

should do yes. sounds like an individual switch problem as they work off the master...
might as well do the lot while you're at it!!
Mike

Reactions: Dani_B19
I may as well, I'll be fitting puddle/warning lights to the door cards so may as well add switches to the ever growing list haha.