Do these spacers need threading?

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Hey guys, check out the spacers below, now I've never seen spacers but they look a bit odd I thought since they are not threaded? Is that normal? because how are the bolts supposed to hold them in place? do they just sit between the wheel and the hub? or did I get a wrong product?

IMG_0318.jpg

They look just like mine dunno about all this squishing, but I hope you got longer bolts and wheel nuts

Mcguard do extended lockers, you can get them from most places. Motorworld do them :icon_thumright:

They are fine mate. They are not supposed to be threaded.

As above, McGuard do longer ones. Standard bolts are 27mm so just add the extra to cover the spacer.

performance alloys, tt-shop.. anyone who does the spacers should do longer locking nuts. I think 8mm spacers is the widest you can go with standard locking nuts

silver75 said:
performance alloys, tt-shop.. anyone who does the spacers should do longer locking nuts. I think 8mm spacers is the widest you can go with standard locking nuts

There's no way I'd risk an 8mm spacer.
5mm is pushing it to the limit of acceptable in my view...certainly not 8mm.

hmm... just going by when I put my spacers on, the guy thought the front 8mm ones were fine but the 10mm needed longer ones ended up go with longer ones allround anyway.