Fuel smell

ash_ s3

Reaction score
I noticed a smell of fuel in my car that's only just come about it was fine this morning but after getting in the car on my lunch break it's appeared it seems to be in the cockpit area I've checked what I can in the engine bay and had a quick look underneath
Bam 225

Check hoses going to the fuel rail and injectors in case the seals are gone

<tuffty/>

The hoses looked cracked both do I'm guessing the vapour might be escaping there that also might cause my intermittent dodgey starts

Check the hoses to the carbon canister, they're made of plastic and crack, giving a fuel smell in the cabin, especially when the heater vents are on.

My fuel rail hoses are slightly perished I haven't fully checked the carbon canister yet il also check the connections quick plugs to see if there popping out slightly it's just strong smell after the car has been standing

Its also very common the plastic ribed pipe that runs to the curbon canister splits mine did had the same issue

I'm sure it's coming from the rear of the car inside so when I get home il check the top of the fuel pump for anything suspicious also underneath

Just found the problem I left a jerry can in the boot upside down feel a right idiot
Thanks guys for your help thou il keep all the info in mind I really appreciate it