A3 DRL headlights

Niallr20

Reaction score
Can only go by what the ad. says, for face lift cars, plug and play. I wouldn't spend over £200 just to have drls, just as easy to turn your sidelights on for free.
Have you thought about upgrading to HID's with drl's ? might as well go the whole way.

That's what I'm thinking but not too sure, how much would they cost roughly and how difficult are they to install?

What Lights would fit mine? Im hearing people shout 8p1,2 and 3 and Im not sure what mind falls under (2011 Sline 2.0 TDI 140) Im really wanting a set of DRL's rather than the bulbs

@t8ups our site sponsor is the lighting genius. He should be able to tell you what you can fit as plug and play

Are washers required when you fit headlights with xenons?

If you want to be fully legal, need new bumper, washers, wiring etc, self leveling and then a new light module in the car, I got quote about 3k for it.

If you want to be fully legal, need new bumper, washers, wiring etc, self leveling and then a new light module in the car, I got quote about 3k for it.
Thank you. I'm out :)

Reactions: Sherv and Marler1337
Thank you. I'm out :)

Haha that was my response as well!

I've just bought some new Osram Night Breaker laser bulbs in the hope of having a crisper white light as even though they're halogen bulbs they're filled with xenon gas apparently. Might be an alternative for you to think about, hopefully I'll fit them this weekend and see what they look like

Haha that was my response as well!

I've just bought some new Osram Night Breaker laser bulbs in the hope of having a crisper white light as even though they're halogen bulbs they're filled with xenon gas apparently. Might be an alternative for you to think about, hopefully I'll fit them this weekend and see what they look like
Share your thoughts on the laser bulbs, plz. I've got Osram Night Breaker Unlimited a couple of month ago. I wanted a crisper white. They Are crisper and whiter than the stock, but still look yellowish in comparison to the LED DRLs that I use instead of bulbs.

No but if you have washers, they have to work. MOT rules are not the same as when the car is Type Approved. At the MOT test they only check headlight beams do not scatter light at the wrong angles when dipped.

No but if you have washers, they have to work. MOT rules are not the same as when the car is Type Approved. At the MOT test they only check headlight beams do not scatter light at the wrong angles when dipped.
I'm in a different country and our MOT rules can be different. Better to go and ask a MOT tester.

I thought that washers werent a legal requirement? My dads Merc has those Bi xenon leds and no washers just auto levels

The washers are a legal requirement in Denmark. Not sure about the UK.

Thank you. Will be waiting for the Philips H7 LEDs.
Yup - saw that as well.

Closest I have found to a reasonable 'white light' is the Philips CrystalVision 4300K.

In the halogen world the higher the colour temp the whiter the bulb (daylight is about 5500K) at the expense of beam throw. To increase beam throw and have higher colour temp you have to up the wattage. Practically all of the bulbs tested have a colour temp range of about 3400K to 3700K so they are all still going to look 'yellow' but thats not the point of the Autoexpress test.

Last edited:
I just ordered a set of Osram Night Breaker Unlimited, Osram side lights, Cree reverse lights & LED interior lights.

I have a set of previous version of the Night Breaker (not Unlimited) in my old car, and they look more white than NB Unlimited.