Facelift Is there a FL list for vcds coding?

James Cole

Reaction score
Hello Guys...

Looking for a compiled list of vcds mods that work with facelift S3 with VC... is there a thread that has all this info compiled?

Not yet, @DJAlix has been subtly hinted that he needs to see a few more facelifted cars to be able to make any progress.

Here's a couple of things I'd like to see. Feel free to add your own.

1/ visual parking for rear parking sensors only. The coding from PFL apparently doesn't work.

2/ mag ride bump and rebound adjust. This is a system just crying out for the ability to tune it.

3/ ACC activation speed lowered from 20mph down to about 5mph (manual cars)

4/ Restore the full range of adjustment to B&O sound settings.

5/ dim / turn off ILP over x mph.

6/

Reactions: Rob2k68
I have collected some information from FL cars and will be sitting down in order to work out "whats what" next week but the main problem is I need a car I can spend some time with for testing. My new "project car" arrives late December so not too long to wait :)

I have provisionally noticed a problem though... I had a little time with which to plug in to a FL car and noticed that some of the modules / firmware versions may have inherited, in part, the new way of being programmed from the new A4, A5, Q5 and Q7 cars. If this is indeed the case then VCDS is not going to be able to code most of todays changes without a modest re-write of the application.

In the meantime if anyone has the time, and wants to be added to my Christmas card list, i welcome any FL information which people would be willing to send over. Ideally whats needed is the following:
  • A full Auto-scan
  • Adaptation maps of control modules
  • Long Coding Helper screenshots
An auto scan is self explanatory. Long Coding Helper screenshots would be screens caps of all a control modules bytes and bits, example:

Image 013
Image 014
*note that some s/shots include expanded drop downs

For adaptation maps:
  • From the VCDS main screen select the "Applications" button
  • In the Applications section select the "Controller Channel Map" button
  • Configure the maps screen as follows:
  1. Controller Address = the alphanumeric address of the control module
  2. Login or Security Access Code = Leave Empty / Blank
  3. Function = Adaptations
  4. Output = CSV File
Example: Central Electronics Module
Screen Shot 2016 11 13 at 211148

Once configured as per the above select the "Go" button. A .csv file will now be created within your Ross-Tech>VCDS>Logs folder:

Example: (reverse camera 6C)
Screen Shot 2016 11 13 at 211636

Repeat the process referencing your auto-scan for installed modules in order to create additional maps.

Would be amazing if these could be emailed over to alex@vagcarcoding.com :) I would then submit these to Ross-Tech in order to help in the development of the application.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Jcbmally
@DJAlix I could probably get you what you need let me get my vagcom cable back and probably could do it this weekend.

About what can be done do you think you can restore the B&O functions of subwoofer and maybe mid equalization?

Reactions: DJAlix
@DJAlix I could probably get you what you need let me get my vagcom cable back and probably could do it this weekend.

About what can be done do you think you can restore the B&O functions of subwoofer and maybe mid equalization?
Thanks James, that would be great!

There might be a chance to restore "sound control" from what I have seen so far.

I can confirm that the opening of the exhaust valves from pre-FL cars works a treat on the FL S3 :)

Reactions: AudiNutta
I hadn't noticed this. What extra settings can be obtained with this mod?
There is no mod. Not yet anyway, and perhaps not ever. The facelift b&o system offers you bass treble and an effects level adjustment. The pre facelift had those, plus midrange and subwoofer levels.

Reactions: DJAlix and allanmb
There is no mod. Not yet anyway, and perhaps not ever. The facelift b&o system offers you bass treble and an effects level adjustment. The pre facelift had those, plus midrange and subwoofer levels.

It would be nice to get some more control over those settings again. I'll keep my fingers crossed someone finds out how to get them :)

I can confirm that the opening of the exhaust valves from pre-FL cars works a treat on the FL S3 :)

Sorry for the ignorance but what does effect does this have on the car, i've only owned my S3 for 4 weeks?

Sorry for the ignorance but what does effect does this have on the car, i've only owned my S3 for 4 weeks?

More noise from the exhaust, especially at low revs. There is now more noticeable pops and and bangs. Basically more smiles!

Reactions: dstill
And no more inner only blackened exhausts, for the OCD among us.
In fact it doesn't really seem to blacken the exhausts at all now :grinning:

Reactions: dstill
And no more inner only blackened exhausts, for the OCD among us.
In fact it doesn't really seem to blacken the exhausts at all now :grinning:

Definitely more even spread of black but I still have to clean mine every week or two. Maybe my OCD has levelled up? ;-)

OT: Good choice of colour @mikemod!

Can this be done with my VCDS cable, if so does anyone have the coding i need?:smug:

Hello

@DJAlix any updates on fl coding?

Also due to my driving position I am not able to see the turn signals indicators because they are blocked by the steering wheel, can they be made to display on the VC?

Thanks!
JC

On my mates 17 plate S3 ive enabled oil temp in the DIS and can confirm that passenger mirror dip upon selection of reverse gear also works.

Visual parking for cars with rear PDCs only it says coding accepted but does not work.

Hello

@DJAlix any updates on fl coding?

Also due to my driving position I am not able to see the turn signals indicators because they are blocked by the steering wheel, can they be made to display on the VC?

Thanks!
JC
Did not have much time to test with the new car, was ill and then hopped a flight for an xmas holiday.

The following has been tested and works without issue on the car in my signature:
  • Beep on lock
  • Beep on unlock
  • Tone on lock mmi menu
  • Needle sweep (virtual cockpit)
  • Lap timer (virtual cockpit)
  • Video In Motion (MMI4G Plus v2 - via VCP Vim Manager)
  • MMI Menu Speed Restrictions removal (via VCP Vim Manager)
  • Visual comfort closing
  • DRL control via external lighting mmi menu
  • Wiper change position mmi menu
  • Motorway turn signals 5
  • Seatbelt warning off (VCDS and Carista)
  • Coming Home Lights Timer to 60sec
  • Leaving Home Lights Timer to 60sec
Not working on the car in my signature:
  • Driving School MMI Display
  • CH/LH Lights via DRL only
All tested via the normal PFL methods, reference the PDF in my signature. Am working offline on further Codings. Will update when I know more.

On my mates 17 plate S3 ive enabled oil temp in the DIS and can confirm that passenger mirror dip upon selection of reverse gear also works.

Visual parking for cars with rear PDCs only it says coding accepted but does not work.

I'm guessing the reverse mirror dip only works on cars fitted with folding mirrors mate?

I'm guessing the reverse mirror dip only works on cars fitted with folding mirrors mate?

Cars with the electronic folding mirror option should come with this as standard but if you don't have the powerfold mirrors just electronic adjustment then yes this should work.

Cars with folding mirrors will have mirror dip as default from the factory. Mirror dip does work. Visual display is a work in progress and should not be a problem to get working. Just need to find the missing adaptation.

That's brilliant, i had powerfold mirrors on my previous car with the mirror dip function and i miss this on my S3, didn't realise this could be done on cars without powerfold mirrors.:yahoo:

Cars with the electronic folding mirror option should come with this as standard but if you don't have the powerfold mirrors just electronic adjustment then yes this should work.

Do you have the VCDS coding handy for a FL S3 by any chance mate?

Alex was kind enough to enable this on my FL S3. It definitely works on non-powerfolding mirrors, but I've since turned the function off because it tends to dip just a fraction to far down.

Reactions: DJAlix and Rob2k68
Am i being stupid mate, I've looked through the document twice and cant find anything for the reverse mirror dipping function.

Alex was kind enough to enable this on my FL S3. It definitely works on non-powerfolding mirrors, but I've since turned the function off because it tends to dip just a fraction to far down.

Isn't it adjustable mate, i know it was on my old cars powerfold mirrors?

Isn't it adjustable mate, i know it was on my old cars powerfold mirrors?
Some cars don't remember your preferred positions correctly and move the glass too much or too little. You can try activating Bit1 in addiction to 2 and 3 but on some cars this stops the feature working altogether.

Thanks will try it on the FL S3...

Any new codings for the FL you would like to share?

Thanks will try it on the FL S3...

Any new codings for the FL you would like to share?
Nothing "new" coding wise for the moment as I have had no real "play time" since getting the new car. Will know more the in the new year.

Well I've got the reversing dip mirror function working. I have to have the mirror control switch in the left mirror position for it to work though which isn't such a problem. If i adjust it when its in the down position to get the best view of the wheel / kerb when it returns to the up position it doesn't go back to the normal position i had it in.

I also got the oil temp to display in the DIS.:grinning:

One thing i cant do is find the correct channels for other VCDS changes. When i go into the channel list its huge and i cant find anything i'm looking for such as (13) Windscreen ?

Well I've got the reversing dip mirror function working. I have to have the mirror control switch in the left mirror position for it to work though which isn't such a problem. If i adjust it when its in the down position to get the best view of the wheel / kerb when it returns to the up position it doesn't go back to the normal position i had it in.

I also got the oil temp to display in the DIS.:grinning:

One thing i cant do is find the correct channels for other VCDS changes. When i go into the channel list its huge and i cant find anything i'm looking for such as (13) Windscreen ?
Use the search box?

Reactions: GSB
I tried that mate, put a number it and it did absolutely nothing?!

I tried that mate, put a number it and it did absolutely nothing?!
Can take a little while to populate the returned results within the drop down box depending on how fast your pc is. Also, forget searching based on numbers. Rosstech as of version 16.x have implemented new identifiers. Search on the main descriptor.

Doesn't the Virtual Cockpit already have a needle sweep? Or does the mod do something different?

Cars with folding mirrors will have mirror dip as default from the factory. Mirror dip does work. Visual display is a work in progress and should not be a problem to get working. Just need to find the missing adaptation.

Anyone know if this also applies to North American cars as well? The dipping mirror is one feature I miss from my past BMWs.

Doesn't the Virtual Cockpit already have a needle sweep? Or does the mod do something different?
S and RS cars are the only ones to get needle sweep by default. "A" cars get nothing regardless of cluster type.

Reactions: allanmb
Can take a little while to populate the returned results within the drop down box depending on how fast your pc is. Also, forget searching based on numbers. Rosstech as of version 16.x have implemented new identifiers. Search on the main descriptor.

Got it now thanks mate. I realised the search function isn't as intuitive as i thought, I had to type in letters then use the drop down above to look at the narrowed search, i understand how this works now. Thanks for your help mate.

Is it possible to turn up the volume of the alarm chirp once it is activated by VCDS?