The 'RS' effect

Radman

Reaction score
Hi all,

Not like me to keep goin on about it but how good is this car we drive.
I just don't seem to be able to get bored with it. Such a head turner, petrol station conversation starter and general monster.
So glad I took the plunge when I did or I'd be regretting it now.

Reactions: 45bvtc, Snake Pliskin, jimojameso and 2 others
I'm lovin it to quote a well know fast food place!

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RGBARGEE, Snake Pliskin and Radman
I'm lovin it to quote a well know fast food place!

TX.

Just been out for a run today in her. No car gives you this much for the money.

Reactions: AudiNutta, 45bvtc and Snake Pliskin
Imho they sold it too cheap!

TX.

edit - for RVP :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Radman and T-800
It's the only car I know that can turn soooo many heads in an underground car park, with a slight bemusement when they see it's 'just' an A3 making all that noise.

I literally go driving for tunnels.

Long distance is no problem either, recently did a 4500km road trip and was fantastic. Comfortable cruising and then 'unleash the fury' on demand.

So glad I decided to go for it too. Had it a year now, gone like a flash...

Reactions: RGBARGEE, 45bvtc, Snake Pliskin and 3 others
Agree massive head tuner, I feel much better about this than I ever did in my A45 or M135i.
It just does both animal-relaxing classy cruiser better than anything classed as a hot hatch, people hate on it because of the price forgetting the Special edition Evos of the same power were also 40-50k cars and look what sort of interior you got.
Critics say it's overpriced, I answer with what else can can carry 4 people in comfort as fast as the RS3 with similar luxury down a wet B road? You have to go all the way up to maybe a GTR/RS6 territory which are 70-100k

Reactions: Rs1, Snake Pliskin, Terminator x and 2 others
What is not over-priced now, though? There's a new Nissan Micra coming out and they will be £17k for a top spec. A frickin' Micra!!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, T-800 and Radman
the arguments I get very tired of are the 'could have got a used .......' For the price of the RS3.

Reactions: 45bvtc
the arguments I get very tired of are the 'could have got a used .......' For the price of the RS3.

True, but surely the same can be said for any new car purchase...

Even the £17k Micra! "Could've bought a used...."

Reactions: T-800
If nobody buys new cars there wouldn't be any used ones to buy as simpel as that.

Reactions: jimojameso
Not really a fan of the "head turner" aspect myself. In my area it's perhaps not wise to be noticed and I'm way too old to be concerned about what other people think of me and my car!

Not really a fan of the "head turner" aspect myself. In my area it's perhaps not wise to be noticed and I'm way too old to be concerned about what other people think of me and my car!

Personally I meant the sound it makes is head turning. The car itself has a whiff of Q about it, which I also like a lot!

Reactions: Scottyg and Radman
Personally I meant the sound it makes is head turning. The car itself has a whiff of Q about it, which I also like a lot!

And that's why I prefer a de-cat, de-badge, black-exh tipped, 8P, Ozmosis, exactly that!

P1050755 mod

That it can pass for a 2.0Tdi (but sounds and goes oh so different) is OK for me...
7.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozmosis, Scottyg and THQuattro
I'm the same mine is debadged too. No one takes much notice until it starts up ;)

TX.

Reactions: Ozmosis, Ian Whiffen and 45bvtc
I'm the same mine is debadged too. No one takes much notice until it starts up ;)

TX.

Down my way a week or so back, a de-badged RS6 was car-jacked at gun point outside our local airport...the people who matter take notice!

A de badged RS will still look like an RS to folks like us. Why bother?? Better than adding the wrong badge to a lesser model which is frankly ridiculous..

Reactions: Snake Pliskin