TT-RS

R8 is twice the price. Whether it's twice the car, I'd need to drive it to give an opinion. But if willing to take a chance on the warranty you can obviously stage 1 the TTRS for next to nothing and then it would be very close to an R8 performance wise.

I'm loving mine at the moment. The handling is a giant leap on from my PFL RS3. Also getting a bit more used to the noise.

Yeah and imagine trying to nip down the shop in the R8
It’s bad enough trying to park up away from pillocks as is.

R8 is twice the price. Whether it's twice the car, I'd need to drive it to give an opinion. But if willing to take a chance on the warranty you can obviously stage 1 the TTRS for next to nothing and then it would be very close to an R8 performance wise.

I'm loving mine at the moment. The handling is a giant leap on from my PFL RS3. Also getting a bit more used to the noise.

I always think these ‘arguments’ are a bit pointless... that’s now comparing a tuned car to a standard car... for them to be ‘equal’ you’d then have to get stage 1 on the R8, if you get where I’m coming from

I still think it’s all down to price... if you walked into an Audi dealer that had a brand new R8 and TT RS next to each other, for the same price... the R8 would be bought 9 times out of 10 :icon thumright:

I always think these ‘arguments’ are a bit pointless... that’s now comparing a tuned car to a standard car... for them to be ‘equal’ you’d then have to get stage 1 on the R8, if you get where I’m coming from

I still think it’s all down to price... if you walked into an Audi dealer that had a brand new R8 and TT RS next to each other, for the same price... the R8 would be bought 9 times out of 10 :icon thumright:
Absolutely. In fact I'd say 99 times out of 100 you'd have the R8 over a TTRS if the same price...the R8 is a bonafide supercar with a mid mounted 600bhp V10!

My point was more that for mere mortals who aren't millionaires or that live at home with ma and pa, a mapped TTRS can be a good second prize.

Reactions: Phil3
Absolutely. In fact I'd say 99 times out of 100 you'd have the R8 over a TTRS if the same price...the R8 is a bonafide supercar with a mid mounted 600bhp V10!

My point was more that for mere mortals who aren't millionaires or that live at home with ma and pa, a mapped TTRS can be a good second prize.

Yep agree totally there too mate... I think we’ve both came in looking at it from different angles haha

Reactions: D0C