tripple Beep

samuelt

Reaction score
Hi all

on a number of occasions i have turned my 2002 A4 Tdi 130i have heard a triple (or possible quad beep) from the back. I am guessing it is coming through the speakers and i am sure it is not the frost/petrol etc. warning as that is a much stronger single beep from the front. Does any one know what this sounds is meant to signify?

My car also does this about twice a week.Only in the morning though what battery is not charging?Is this easily fixed?

There are two batteries inside the siren in the boot.Its behind the panel on the drivers side.I cut mine open with a junior hacksaw and the connection to one of the batteries was corroded so i cleaned it up with some sand paper,then silicone the joints back together.It now works perfect.Hope this helps.

From what I was told by the dealership the battery in the Central Locking Horn is not replaceable. I had this service done to my car about a month ago.
The dealership ended up replacing the entire control unit when I took in(Central Locking Horn). NO MORE BEEPS!!! Woohoo!

It appears the TT's batteries were not meant to be serviceable either. I would assume VAG used a similar if not the same control unit for the A4 so I bet the fix is the same. That would be awesome if it is because when I go out of warranty this will be good info to have.