B6 Cabriolet interior LED lights (VERY ODD light failure)

DrStrange

Reaction score
Hi All,

I need your help. Ive got a real scratch head moment and do not know what else to try. My issue below;

Basically I have fully installed an upgraded LED interior light pack in my cabriolet. This consists of;
4 Footwell lights, 2 front and 2 back. Boot light, Glovebox, 2 dome lights, 2 vanity mirrors, 2 puddle lights.
(left the Red warning lights as is. LED lights made zero difference with these in)

My challange are the puddle lights. Ive got the drivers side working sweet. The other side, (passenger) for love nor money will NOT work using LED. It is currently working with the normal incandescent bulb but as soon as I switch to putting in the LED bulb, i close the door, re-open and then it comes on for 0.1 second and then immediately cuts out. Thus not staying on for around 1 minute like the other drivers side LED puddle.

So far ive tried;
Testing another LED (Both do the same) yet the LED's work for other applications.
Swapping the actual housing around (Swapped the Red warning light and puddle light over) to no avail.

Any Ideas what else I can do?

Its odd, becasue the LED light is functional and the housing and metal connectors are fine hence why the incandecent bulb is currently on and working.

Ive got one puddle in LED (lovely crisp white) and the other in fried egg yellow (from the incandscent bulb) Haha.

Please do offer up opinions anyone.

Dan.

Hi All,

I need your help. Ive got a real scratch head moment and do not know what else to try. My issue below;

Basically I have fully installed an upgraded LED interior light pack in my cabriolet. This consists of;
4 Footwell lights, 2 front and 2 back. Boot light, Glovebox, 2 dome lights, 2 vanity mirrors, 2 puddle lights.
(left the Red warning lights as is. LED lights made zero difference with these in)

My challange are the puddle lights. Ive got the drivers side working sweet. The other side, (passenger) for love nor money will NOT work using LED. It is currently working with the normal incandescent bulb but as soon as I switch to putting in the LED bulb, i close the door, re-open and then it comes on for 0.1 second and then immediately cuts out. Thus not staying on for around 1 minute like the other drivers side LED puddle.

So far ive tried;
Testing another LED (Both do the same) yet the LED's work for other applications.
Swapping the actual housing around (Swapped the Red warning light and puddle light over) to no avail.

Any Ideas what else I can do?

Its odd, becasue the LED light is functional and the housing and metal connectors are fine hence why the incandecent bulb is currently on and working.

Ive got one puddle in LED (lovely crisp white) and the other in fried egg yellow (from the incandscent bulb) Haha.

Please do offer up opinions anyone.

Dan.

Dude get a multimeter and test the amount of power coming from each bulb holder. Sounds like the leds aren't getting enough volts (should be seeing around 3.3v or 5v) the standard bulbs will work with little voltage and still glow so this must be your issue.

Thanks Pal,

Very much appreciate the help.

I definitely need to get the mulitmeter out and fully test yes.

Will come back in due course to hopefully illustrate the issue.