Which alloys fit?

dannyjb

Reaction score
Looking at new wheels as mine are in need of a refurb and all four tyres are bald.. What et will my car take as the ones I'm looking at are 235/35/19 5x112 ET42

It's a 2005 a4 avant 2.0tdi

In theory it should take upto an ET30 but ET35 will fill the arches perfectly with no rubbing, but also depends on wheel width.

So the ones I have found wouldn't fit being ET42? Confusing me all these different numbers haha

Basically ET 42 offset means rim offset will be further inwards and the higher the number the further in the rim will be, as carl says ET29/30 etc will be further out , but , and that's a big but , other factors also come into play so if in doubt use a good offset calculator to avoid any problems but also keep in mind offset is only part of the calculation.

Sorry Danny I didn't have enough time to type what I wanted to so I had to make it more basic. They will fit as Rob has said above.....but you may need spacers or something to bring them further out so that they fill the arches better, but on the other hand they may be fine as at the end of the day there will only be a small 7mm difference.

Now get some pics posted and lets see them!

if you look at the parts database for your variant ( in the top section of the B7 forum ) you'll see the OEM rims for your car plus the optional ones available to fit it, they are marked with the rim width/diameter and offset , by looking at this data you can ascertain what the factory Offset was/is on your car and then work from there, eg , many B7 came with 17"/18" rims with an ET43 offset, but other offset were also possible, so you can see the Et42 you are looking at are only 1mm further in, but at 19" tall , tyre width/rim width and rim diameter all cominto play aswell as the offset.

I have a friend at work who is well into his audis, he has two S4's but he assured me they will be fine and if needed he has spacers I ordered them so hopefully here by Friday :)) I've gone for these as I like concaved on the B7 especially the avant. Mines the silvery grey so I think it will look great with black wheels.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    270.3 KB · Views: 95
Glad you are all sorted, don't forget you may want longer bolts if using spacers.
Nice rims chap.

Cheers and thanks for the advice once they are on I'll get some pics up, ideas are if they look fine then I'll de-chrome it and satin black grill/ window surrounds etc to match

Finally getting round to putting a pic up with the new wheels on.... Sorry took so long haha

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    950.6 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    687.2 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: carlcall