Parking sensors have packed in again.

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
First of all I need to get this off my chest.

What a piece of s**t the b7 A4 is. I have never know such a poorly put together VAG based car that I have owned as this.

The build quality is truely shocking. Anyway rant over.

So the A4 has front and rear sensors, the rears so far have had the drivers and central 2 sensors replaced, this I though solved my issues and it did for a time, until autumn when the rain came, the sensors don't like the wet, go figure eh. No fault codes come up or are stored when they stop working in the wet so struggling to pin point the issues.

Anyhoo, onto the latest issue. The last 2 weeks I've noticed the rear audible parking sensor noise change, becoming more Whiney so to say, then on Thursday it did the long beep, here we go again, plugged VAG com in and comes up with

IMG 2851

This leads to think that the rear parking sensor speaker is foobared.

Anyone care to shed any light on it?

From my research I believe the part number is:
8e0919279

Anyone confirm if this is right?

sorry to hear you are having probs with the sensors dani, maybe the problem is not the sensors but something else, when one buys a used car you do prettywell inherit any and all problems from previous owners, and I doubt very much any of them had a problem free ownership of the car, its just that you are the unlucky person to have the isses now.
I have the factory oem setup front and and rear and they have been pretty well reliable non have failed to date, I messed the fronts up briefly when I removed the bumper but that was my doing and they were fine a few days later anyway.
I have given my old bus a good old soaking a few times and the back of the sensors got very wet and they were never affected by water ingress etc, maybe you need to look into the problem more deeply, possibly a wirirng issue or similar causing the problem, just a thought Dani.
Like I said, audi's are a good build quality brand and that applies to B7 aswell for the most part but like most things to do with cars, things can fail over time and a car with numeruous previous owners will allways be likely to have numerous issues , fixed and just waiting to rear their ugly head, sounds like you are a victim of the latter ....

Reactions: Dani_B19
Sorry to hear you are having problems with these yet again Dani and yes that number does look correct.....but don't hold me responsible if it's wrong.

Where does the water appear to be getting into the sensors? Is it through the outside flat sensor area or through the plugs on the rear....just an idea are there seals in the plugs or have they possibly shrunk so are not preventing water ingress.

And as Rob has said....could it be something else that maybe causing it?

Rob normally I would agree with you but regarding the build quality of the B7 A4 I just can't, to me it's a cheaply put together car, the electrics are worse than a 90's Renault and that's saying something. The amount of post I see on online and Facebook about the b6/b7 is a joke. The paint work is thinner than fag paper, they rust at the sight of road salt, the list goes on and on for ME.

My old s3 never suffered any issues of the sort, the only issue was the roof rails rusting but that was due to a bad design, no electric issues, paint issues etc. The Mrs mk2 Leon, classed as the power of the VAG, any issues in 2 years of owner ship, nope.

Anyway I'm in a bad mood so that isn't helping but to me the A4 just seems like a bucket parts car.

Back to topic.

The sensor seals are dry as this was my first port of call, even when wet and not working (long beep) the sensors still tick, the car shows no errors so it's either a wiring issue or the sensors are part working but are getting water Ingres into them which is messing with the readings.

The current issue I believe is down to the speaker, checked fuses 5 & 17 and they are fine!

Ah I see what the problem is Dani, your mr grumpy today then , I think your being a little bit harsh on the B6/B7 range dani , I agree some areas are a little bit , lets just say " problematic " but I have found my old bus to be very good overall, I have had way more issues with mine than most other B7 owners given it's so called perfect history etc and milage but that's just my bad luck , its been behaving itself recently so no real gripes with it, on the scale of things dani you're getting off lightly on the problem front....you best grab a long cool drink and have a sit down in front of the telly and all will be right with the world tomorrow...

In my first year of ownership , west London audi had my car for more time than I did.....and that's being honest dani.

I know.

It just frustrates me when something goes wrong with the car, I don't have anytime to spend on the thing at the minute and when I do I hate having to fix things. I've got a list of mods longer than my arm sat waiting to be fitted and when something breaks it takes that little time I have to enjoy the car.

It will get sorted out eventually Dani....I know what you mean though, cars do get you down when they don't work properly. Even the small niggley things get to you.

Here's something to watch and reflect on how you feel at the moment.....

And to make you feel a little better I can't do anything to my car at the moment as I've either knackered the ligament or cartilage in my knee. And my BBK arrives this week....

Reactions: Dani_B19 and Charlie Farley
In all honesty Dani I don't know how I've done it.....I think it's probably age related from bike accidents when I was younger

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bike accidents allways come back to give grief later in life carl, and I still haven't learnt my lessons either......

I feel for you matey I really do, especially this time of year.

I jacked the biking game in years ago after I had a nasty accident which nearly killed me. Not got on another bike since.

The problem is Dani I was dead at the roadside and it still didn't put me off.....only reason why I haven't got a bike now is because I was stupid and surrendered my licence when the ex witch was expecting our second child......the silly things we do!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

my good lady says I should give them up now , not ideal for a 50+ (old person in her words....) to be haring around a track at 160 mph , I don't think I will be giving them up just yet, well unless my back and legs tell me otherwise, i don't use the road bikes much now though as too many idiots in cars around....i'm just a old petrol head that doesn't know when to stop...lol

Haha what are you 2 like.

Nope I'm done with bikes, don't get me wrong I don't half miss the buzz, just something you can't replicate in a car, probably due to the safety and comfort you get from a car were as with a bike it's just you and the road, but as you said Rob, too many idiots both in cars and bikes these days.

Reactions: Charlie Farley