Facelift S3 Sportback opinions

Luca79

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying an S3 Sportback, but I still haven't had the chance to see a new 2017 example in person.

Has this restyling improved the look of the car in your opinion?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I'm thinking about buying an S3 Sportback, but I still haven't had the chance to see a new 2017 example in person.

Hi Luca, Im very much in the same position as you (or was). Im now looking to buy one next October due to complications.

I had looked at both and I would say they look fairly similar ( the odd change at the back end but still only small)

I think im right in saying the changes are more 'under the bonnet' so 10 extra bhp, S tronic has 7 gears instead of 6. And the exhaust now crackles and pops! (my favourite part) so really it depends if youre willing to pay for a newer car for these extra little tweaks. Personally I am and I cant wait until October! only 286 days to go! not that im counting.... :'(

Just got mine so perhaps biased, but yes looks great.
Came from a MK 7 Golf GTD, that looked kinda aggressive, the S3 is softer than that but still loooks fab.
All depends what you are looking for, there are more sporty looking cars, there are better handling cars. The S3 is though perhaps more refinded, calmer in looks, driving style and so on.
As a 50 year old suits me perfectly, younger would have gone for a Golf R.

Milton Keynes have a demonstrator to have a thrash in, not sure where you are?

Also revised front bumper/headlights. New Matrix headlight options plus virtual cockpit and sweeping rear indicators.
BE option also!

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn and TDI-line

Go visit a Showroom simples make yer own mind up,drive it.......there will be too many differing opinions on here from everyone.....most are new to the S3....on here who will say Yeeha best thing since sliced bread.....others wont....so go visit a Audi Showroom near you

Reactions: pburv and Audi Bairn
Also revised front bumper/headlights. New Matrix headlight options plus virtual cockpit and sweeping rear indicators.
BE option also!

Hoi dipstick....:whip:av got a black Edition....same as.....:shutup2: Black Edition designation is another WAY of Audi rippin more money out of ya rather than selling ye the BSP

Reactions: pburv, Scottyg and TDI-line
Just got mine so perhaps biased, but yes looks great.
Came from a MK 7 Golf GTD, that looked kinda aggressive, the S3 is softer than that but still loooks fab.
All depends what you are looking for, there are more sporty looking cars, there are better handling cars. The S3 is though perhaps more refinded, calmer in looks, driving style and so on.
As a 50 year old suits me perfectly, younger would have gone for a Golf R.

You hit the nail on the head there. If i didnt get the audi s3, id probably one for a Golf R on lease at £200/month

Reactions: pburv
I recently got mine and cant stop beaming from ear to ear every time I drive it. Just buy one, you know it makes sense. :nogarors4:

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn