Facelift How to remove rear seats?

Nyami

Reaction score
Can anyone provide any pointers on how to remove the rear seat bench on a S3 Sportback?

Now for the over-share, the wee man was sick in the back last night and the backseat to the worst of it. I'd got the worst of last night but think I need to get any rogue chunks that have got past the seatbelt clips :(. I couldn't find any obvious clips last night but it was dark and I was focussing on damage limitation. As soon as the weather has calmed down I plan steam clean the seat belt and remove the back bench, if anyone has any tips please let me know.

Ohh. that's not nice... been there in a previous car with kids, that's not a pleasant job for Christmas !!

If you click on the below link, there is a section on how to remove the rear bench. ( both for Saloon and Hatchback ) If memory serves me correct it just requires a good pull at the front of each side.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h22a6xa5g...Reverse Camera Retrofit Guide_SECURE.pdf?dl=1

Merry Christmas

Regards
Jungle

Reactions: TDI-line and Bittern
I found this thread after dropping a nut down the gap in the rear bench seat where the seatbelt clips come through. I tried fishing around with a magnet on a screwdriver but lost the magnet as well d'oh. I have tried pulling at the front of the bench but it does not want to move -I'm probably being too cowardly to apply enough force. It really isn't important for me to retrieve the nut, I have another one but my inner neuroticism nags that there is a loose nut under the seat. It isn't worth breaking something for me to get it back.

Has anyone got experience of lifting up the bench seat without breaking anything?

I've answered my own question. I went ahead and used more force. There is a clip near the front of the bench on the left and right side. If you can pull with a hand on either side of the clip then it does pop out without breaking the clip. It is a fiddle to disentangle the bench and a fiddle to fit it back!

I got the nut and the magnet. Hurray.

Attachments

• IMG_1443.JPG
    IMG_1443.JPG
    924.4 KB · Views: 242
Reactions: AL_B and Tom.H