headlight washers not working

Reaction score
Hi
As post says my headlight washers are not working. It recently passed its mot but he never checked them cause as far as i know that can be a mot failure. Any suggestions or help would relly help.
Thanks

I assume you have turned the lights on and held the washer stalk in for a good few seconds? They only work with lights on...

<tuffty/>

New pump required, had to do mine, it's a bumper off, headlight out job, even then is a bit tight in there, you can get a pump off eBay for about £15. You need to keep the lever pulled for about 5 seconds for the washers to lift, it could take five or so times before they start spraying.

its only part of the MOT if you have the HID lights, just like the auto levellers need to work if you have HID too.

I had my MOT done at an Audi dealer last year because of a special offer. They passed my car too without checking the headlight washers. I took it back and said you might have broken my headlight washers because they were working before. They told me they forgot to check them in the test and that after they checked, my pump had failed. Just goes to show even when you go to a dealer you get just as sh*t service.