Availability of 2017 maps in MyAudi?

EmmaJ

Reaction score
Hi,

My Audi dealer has told me that my Audi Connect has been extended by a year yet I'm still getting "Not available without license renewal" when trying to access the 2017 map, see screenshot below:

IMG 0012

Can someone please confirm if they have the 2017 map available download and ideally include a screenshot?

Many thanks,

Emma.

Not sure how old your car is Emma, I think map availability is tied to the car's age. The map is available to download for me:

Screenshot

...but I've not bothered because I think it's the same as the maps already on the car. It'd be helpful if there was some really obvious way of comparing versions.

M

Reactions: EmmaJ
Not sure how old your car is Emma, I think map availability is tied to the car's age. The map is available to download for me:

View attachment 116844

...but I've not bothered because I think it's the same as the maps already on the car. It'd be helpful if there was some really obvious way of comparing versions.

M

Thanks @DrMal

Yep my S3 is on a 14 plate and nearly 3 years old. I'm told it's been extended for another year and am getting fobbed off that the 2017 map hasn't been released as yet. So it's good to get confirmation that at least someone has access to it.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Probably not a great help to you @EmmaJ but mine, which is only 3 months old came up with an update to download about a week ago but it failed.
To be honest, I've not done anything about trying again since though.

Think our cars were built about the same time @Audi Bairn. I've downloaded, but not bothered trying to upload to the car because I think we already have the map update. The version number for what I think is the mapping version in the car does have "2017" embedded in it, but it isn't exactly obvious what it means though.

There are two updates each year, the naming convention generally follows this format I'll use 2016 as an example :-

May update : EUR 2016/2017
Nov update : EUR 2017 (current latest version).

So the next update will likely be called EUR 2017/2018. I can't remember where exactly but you can find the version number in your MMI.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and EmmaJ
@Rob2k68 Thanks!

This is exactly in line with what I'm being told but don't appear to have access to.

Getting back on the phone to have a moan!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68
@Rob2k68 Thanks!

This is exactly in line with what I'm being told but don't appear to have access to.

Getting back on the phone to have a moan!

You're very welcome ;o)

For any connect or my.audi problems I'd be inclined to ring Audi Customer Services direct as my understanding is that this tech side of things is handled in Germany and the dealers have little influence over it.

As the 8V is now getting on for 4 years old now you would hope that they'd know more about these licence renewals. I'm guessing that your sat nav live traffic has also expired ?

You're very welcome ;o)

For any connect or my.audi problems I'd be inclined to ring Audi Customer Services direct as my understanding is that this tech side of things is handled in Germany and the dealers have little influence over it.

As the 8V is now getting on for 4 years old now you would hope that they'd know more about these licence renewals. I'm guessing that your sat nav live traffic has also expired ?
That's the strange thing, traffic updates do seem active, it's just the maps.

Emma J. I think you will find there is a difference between the Audi Connect and the Map updates.

After 5 free Map updates the system is locked. The only way to get it unlocked and download new maps is to pay / get this part unlocked - I suspect physically at a dealer, rather than remotely.

The Audi Connect part which stops after 3 years but you have had renewed allows you to use the " Connect services " such as Weather updates, Social channels, Twitter etc, Fuel prices, Parking and Traffic info etc etc. I believe this is separate from the actual Map updates which are locked to your MMI.

If you car is a 2014, I am guessing the last update you can use is the 2016/2017 Maps from May/June 2016. ( presuming the car has been updated ). You should still be able to download this version and update if yours is older.

You can check in your MMI which Map version you have.

Kind Rgds
Jungle.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and EmmaJ
Thanks @jungle650. This makes a LOT of sense. As I do appear to have a working connect service (which has been extended for a year - confirmed by Audi dealer). It's the map updates that I'm missing. I'll raise it with dealership again and see where that gets me.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
Thanks @jungle650. This makes a LOT of sense. As I do appear to have a working connect service (which has been extended for a year - confirmed by Audi dealer). It's the map updates that I'm missing. I'll raise it with dealership again and see where that gets me.

Pls keep us updated as I would be interested to hear whats involved with the Map update and associated costs.

Meanwhile enjoy your S3!
Thx

The maps on SD card are not key coded to an individual card as I have updated my friend's car before. so find someone friendly who could loan you his update

The maps on SD card are not key coded to an individual card as I have updated my friend's car before. so find someone friendly who could loan you his update

Whilst this is true in part for updating the hard drive maps with an SD card whilst within the 5 free update period. You will find that once the 5 free updates are conpleted the MMI will lock down and not accept any more updates until a new licence is issued.

Just spoke to the Audi dealer who supplied my S3. Map update was quoted as £180. They couldn't tell me if that was for just one map update or for a years worth.

Either way it seems expensive given that my TomTom has both lifetime maps and traffic and didn't cost much more than that.

I can't even get that screen to appear on the connect website, does that mean the newer cars update automatically? (2016 FL?)

I can't even get that screen to appear on the connect website, does that mean the newer cars update automatically? (2016 FL?)

I had to update my 66 plate FL manually with an SD card, although it looked like I could download it directly in the car (have tech pack advanced) but would chew through a lot of data.

I've got the option to update the maps online, but it's greyed out. Not sure if that's because Audi don't want their customers downloading ~20Gb each CV via the data plan that they're paying for, or because the car came with the latest available maps.

I was able to update 4 area maps via the data connection in the car, but it wouldn't let me do anymore. To update everything I had to use an SD card. Total is 13GB.

I had to update my 66 plate FL manually with an SD card, although it looked like I could download it directly in the car (have tech pack advanced) but would chew through a lot of data.

Where do you even access the downloads from online to get them onto the SD card?

I can't find anywhere to update the maps or MMI

Where do you even access the downloads from online to get them onto the SD card?

I can't find anywhere to update the maps or MMI

You need to sign up to MyAudi and link it to your car's VIN.

As above. Sign into MyAudi, click on Audi Connect, and you'll find Map Updates

You need to sign up to MyAudi and link it to your car's VIN.

As above. Sign into MyAudi, click on Audi Connect, and you'll find Map Updates

I must be thick, I am all signed in and there is nothing that says map updates anywhere to be seen.

I am also hoping for an MMI update that may cure the rubbish stereo but I can't even seem to get the maps to update!

I must be thick, I am all signed in and there is nothing that says map updates anywhere to be seen.

I am also hoping for an MMI update that may cure the rubbish stereo but I can't even seem to get the maps to update!
IMG 5152
IMG 5150
IMG 5151

Reactions: EmmaJ, pburv and Rob2k68
Same issue here with not having online updates through Audi Connect...Several other things are active (twitter, special destinations, on-line traffic etc..) but no online updates. Stayed old fashioned so didn't spec VC and tech pack advanced, would this be why?

The Web page for my audi account doesn't look like that, all I can do is see details of my car such as warranty expiry date, service due date etc.

Have you associated your car with your myaudi account?
@GSB - Is it worth me resetting the MMI and putting in the Audi connect PIN again to link the car to the account? On your screenshots Is the online map update the one after 'flight info'? Thanks

I totally deleted my car from my audi account and started all over again but it made no difference, let me know if you have any luck with doing it mate.

@GSB - Is it worth me resetting the MMI and putting in the Audi connect PIN again to link the car to the account? On your screenshots Is the online map update the one after 'flight info'? Thanks

Bigger screen for you;

Try resetting. It might work. Frankly though, the map updates are so ****** obvious you'd have to be blind not to see them, so they're probably not there. Go see a dealer, and have them show you / fix it when it doesn't work.

IMG 1168

Reactions: sugardaddy
I totally deleted my car from my audi account and started all over again but it made no difference, let me know if you have any luck with doing it mate.
Will let you know how I get on bud. You do know there's a 'your audi' and a 'my audi' login...I think your Audi is just car data, servicing and links to the annoying new build tracker (!!) and the stuff you mentioned but my Audi has the Audi connect stuff. Google will find both, see if that helps

Definetley something wrong with my account as that screenshot is totally different from what I get.

The Web page for my audi account doesn't look like that, all I can do is see details of my car such as warranty expiry date, service due date etc.

Need to check that you have logged into the U.K. EN site and not the U.S site which is easily done :-

http://www.audi.com/en/myaudi.html

If the widget things are still missing then contact Audi Customer Support there's been lots of this over the last two years with people either having the map update or special destinations missing from their account.

Reactions: sugardaddy
Bigger screen for you;

Try resetting. It might work. Frankly though, the map updates are so ****** obvious you'd have to be blind not to see them, so they're probably not there. Go see a dealer, and have them show you / fix it when it doesn't work.

View attachment 117913
Thanks mate, Everything else is there except for the maps!! I'll get them to have a look next time it goes in, thanks for your help

Thanks guys, wasn't logging in to the right site, my mistake! No maps there though on my account so will have to ask Audi to sort it.

Is it possible to set up an email account in my audi so I can view it on the mmi screen? My twitter account also says that it is active in my audi account, how can I turn this off as I believe it sends random tweets in relation to the cars location?

Is it possible to set up an email account in my audi so I can view it on the mmi screen? My twitter account also says that it is active in my audi account, how can I turn this off as I believe it sends random tweets in relation to the cars location?
Probably the last place you'd want to read an email. Far to tempting and far to distracting. To be able to use twitter, you need to log into your account in the car. It won't work before you do that.

I do a lot of work out of my car so being able to use the mmi for my emails would be quite convenient for me, I wouldn't read them on the move, too old and wise for that, lol.