Chaps, need some assisatance asap .

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
can anyone advise on the disk that go with and fitment on the following parts.
brembo 's 20.6672.02
also what adapters will I need.
any help would be great
cheers
rob

Rob i can't find any info on that part number, only that it looks like they use them on a megan ???

i'm guessing 17z's then, they a 330 or a 350 disc Carl ???

No Tony as I think he also needs the carriers for mounting them.

If I'm right these will fit both the B6/7 variants but he won't be happy at disc size....but that's easily sorted for larger discs.

thanks for the replies chaps, really great to know I can really on you .
Anyway , yes I forgot to mention they are Porsche item , and they are as you say carl 986.351.422
now it seems they work with 312mm dia disk at 25-28mm thick , I assume that the dia is ovecomeble with the right adapter if using 320 disks but not sure about the thickness issue, so hence the call out for some help, don't fancy lashing out on a lost cuase to be honest.

cheers chaps
rob

If you can get the carriers to run 312mm you'd only need to pack it out with 4mm of washers. I got loads with my set up for centring the disc in the calliper and also for raising the calliper out.....feck knows why unless I wanted to run 364mm discs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks like a non starter now carl as the guy just messeged me back, he wont post them , collection only and way up north.....thanks for the help , much appreciated carl

also seems that they are made for 24-25 mm thick discs max , a 30mm will never fit, so that's another failed project....bummer.

right up north carl, in the granite city .....used be full of rich oil workers .... but they are all supposed to be skint now.

That makes Tony look like a southerner lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tony mc and Charlie Farley
just been thinking carl, maybe this whole BBK things is **** about face .... I have 320x30 at the moment and to use the 986 calipers the max disk is a 312 x 25 , that is only 8mm less overall or 4mm each side , so very little in it from that side of things.
the porker 986 calipers are really rated very highly and don't forget they are not off a mini either, so maybe just going down a shade on the disc and getting a really good set of proven calipers and pads that may workout a very useable combo, nice powerfull braking without stuffing my head through the windscreen everytime I touch the pedal.....lol, just a thought....

The problem with the smaller discs is they get hotter quicker and stay hotter for longer if used the same a larger discs.

That's why the RS4 comes with small 365 x 34 mm rotors

Last edited:
I still haven't had chance to use my new brakes yet due to the car sulking but I know they will take forever to fade compared to the smaller discs.

The 365mm AP's I had on my old FRS would do a full track session and not fade once.

Last edited:
Reactions: W2 NCC
yes I know your right carl, i'm just trying convince myself of something just not sure what , my duke has 320mm disk on it , but then it needs them ....lol back to the proper BBK's then.

Doesn't the Q5's front brembos bolt straight on to the 320mm discs?

If they do Dani they would be a decent upgrade!

As long as they are these Brembo ones.....

s-l1600.jpg

Also the fitting instructions does show any special hardware to fit them apart from some plastic clips to hold your wear indicator CLICKY

And I know Rob will like this.....it's a template to see if they will fit your wheels CLICKY

Reactions: Charlie Farley
thanks for the info guys, i'm now a lot wiser on my upgrade route , so many thanks guys.
Having already been down the BBK route with the ECS kit I bought from the states , then selling it as I thought I wasn't going to use it, doh, I now have another plan in mind.
I'm still using brembo's and I've found another set that look to be what I want now, to be honest there's nowt wrong with what I have on at present , but I'm just having a midlife BBK crisis at present and feel like a change, I don't want to be shelling out what I paid for the last kit, so ideally sub £500 all done..
yes sound's a tricky one but it may workout.
these take upto a 355mm x 32 mm discs so nice and BIG.....lol , But I suspect i'll still have question shortly.

rob

Reactions: tony mc and carlcall