Rear NS puncture?

S32B

Reaction score
OK so just been to see the wife's mother, as we were leaving we got 200 yards up the road and a warning for loss of pressure came up for the nsr. I stopped and saw a screw right in the centre of the tyre. Luckily I have a compressor in the boot so I was able to blow it up and get home.

If it can't be repaired do I have to change both back tyres or am I OK doing just the one? Plenty of tread left on the rears.

Thanks

It should be repairable if it's in the centre
You can change 1 tyre at a time, it's usually 4x4s which need a pair on the same axle changing together and on some all 4 have to have matching tread depths (old Freelanders, etc) or IRD damage might occur

Reactions: S32B
OK cheers, just been out for another look (pics). I have an early appointment in the morning 10 mile away and didn't want to risk driving with it on. I called Audi assist and told them that I didn't fancy using the flimsy jack to put the spare on, so they will be here between 4.50-5.20 to put it on for me :)

Reactions: Daveotto
OK cheers, just been out for another look (pics). I have an early appointment in the morning 10 mile away and didn't want to risk driving with it on. I called Audi assist and told them that I didn't fancy using the flimsy jack to put the spare on, so they will be here between 4.50-5.20 to put it on for me :)

View attachment 117272 View attachment 117273

I would not use the jack either, have a compressor and a can of tyreweld under the boot floor, would remove the spare if it were not holding the subwoofer in place ..lol

Yeah that's definitely repairable I'd say, I had one closer to the edge than that and that was repaired ok.

Reactions: S32B
They'll plug that no problem :)

I wouldn't use any tyre weld as a lot of garages wont fix a puncture with that in as they have to clean it out then find the puncture - can take too long for them

Reactions: richinsoton and S32B
All changed, good going considering I called them at 4.10 and by 5.00 the spare was on :) he said it's a repair so that's lucky. Tax, Insurance and the big service all due, so a tyre as well I could do without!

Yeah that's definitely repairable I'd say, I had one closer to the edge than that and that was repaired ok.
How much for a repair mate...£30?

Repairs can vary depending on garage - £10 - £25- Kwik fit, etc are dearer so i use a good local garage who takes pride in his work so doesn't mark the rim when removing/ refitting tyre

Was no more than £20, much better than a new tyre lol
Indeed :) I'll go to the place I last got tyres from, I politely asked the lad to be carefull with the alloys, he said "We are because if we damage them we pay for them".

Indeed :) I'll go to the place I last got tyres from, I politely asked the lad to be carefull with the alloys, he said "We are because if we damage them we pay for them".

Had a puncture plugged for £25 at the local Halfiords auto centre and it cost them £105 to get the alloy refurbed

Happy to say it's all fixed for £19.95 :) They even asked me to check the alloy before I paid to make sure that I was 100% happy.

So anyone in the Chester/Wirral area you know that 'Port Tyres' look after your pride and joy ;)

Reactions: Tom.H and richinsoton