Tyre Inflator

MikeParkin

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Does your car have a tyre inflator in the boot with your space saver?

I'm 100% sure when I checked the car
after I purchased it there was one there.

I'd had the service done in October and I have only just now gone to use it and it's not there.

If you have a space saver I've never known there to be a inflator. My A3 didn't have one and neither has my A4...

Generally you get inflator + gunk, OR a spare tyre. Not both.

Neither of my S3's have had inflators on board.

Reactions: glospete and pburv
Just the spare, I bought my own compressor to keep in the boot....had to use it last week as well when I picked up a puncture!

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Just the spare, I bought my own compressor to keep in the boot....had to use it last week as well when I picked up a puncture!

Sorry for the thread highjack....but what inflator you using bud? I got a ****** one and fancy treating myself to a new one but a lot I've found only pump to 35psi

No tyre inflator with my car but I bought one of these it's pretty decent and goes up to 50psi, also fits under the boot floor ......

IMG 2783

Reactions: Audi Bairn and pburv
Reactions: azibux1, MikeParkin, Tom.H and 1 other person
Really not sure if I had it or not now but was sure I had seen one.

£25 gets a genuine one from eBay so might just get that.

Thanks for your input guys.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
No tyre inflator with my car but I bought one of these it's pretty decent and goes up to 50psi, also fits under the boot floor ......

View attachment 118233

Cheers for that, ones I have been looking at only go up to 35 psi, this ones does 50psi........ trip to Halfords time

Thanks,
Jon

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Sorry for the thread highjack....but what inflator you using bud? I got a ****** one and fancy treating myself to a new one but a lot I've found only pump to 35psi
Got this one from Costco for under £30, well worth the money and takes up very little space (pumps fast as well) Amazon product

I use it to check my tyres and it also came in handy like I said to get me home the other week. I've also used it a couple of times on work mates cars, when after the end of a shift they came out and had a flat!

EDIT* Hope you can see that link? My computers security is blocking it, so I can't see it lol.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, MikeParkin and Rob2k68
Got this one from Costco for under £30, well worth the money and takes up very little space (pumps fast as well) Amazon product

I use it to check my tyres and it also came in handy like I said to get me home the other week. I've also used it a couple of times on work mates cars, when after the end of a shift they came out and had a flat!

EDIT* Hope you can see that link? My computers security is blocking it, so I can't see it lol.

Looks good and now purrrr-chased, cheers bud

Reactions: S32B and Rob2k68
Does your car have a tyre inflator in the boot with your space saver?

I'm 100% sure when I checked the car
after I purchased it there was one there.

I'd had the service done in October and I have only just now gone to use it and it's not there.

Well if your 100% sure it must have been taken without you consent! Possibly When u took it for a service

Never had a tyre inflator in any of my 3 A3's and bought one of these off ebay a few years back for about £25, also acts as an emergency light. Fits easily in the tyre well next to the spare along with a can of Tyreweld

Ae235

Reactions: GGP and Rob2k68
Well if your 100% sure it must have been taken without you consent! Possibly When u took it for a service

This I what I was thinking.

I also had a S1 prior to the S3 so might be mistaken with that.

I'm just trying to see if anyone else had one in there.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Never had a tyre inflator in any of my 3 A3's and bought one of these off ebay a few years back for about £25, also acts as an emergency light. Fits easily in the tyre well next to the spare along with a can of Tyreweld

View attachment 118324

View attachment 118325
Note that if a repairable puncture has been bunged up with tyre weld/gel/etc they may refuse to repair it! So a £20 repair becomes a £120 new tyre.

Note that if a repairable puncture has been bunged up with tyre weld/gel/etc they may refuse to repair it! So a £20 repair becomes a £120 new tyre.
Very true, but given the choice at midnight in the pouring rain or freezing cold I know what I would do