COD not working?

robby

Reaction score
I've noticed the last week or so on my usual run to work the message hasn't come on once saying the engine is running 2 cyl mode (COD) - same run, same speeds, light/ no throttle?

I don't think i've deactivated it (is that possible)? MPG still around 40 - 44mpg so no worse

Any ideas?

2013my 1.4tfsi

Its not possible to deactivate it, give it more time, might be due ti a difference in the driving conditions...

seems strange as i'm driving the same roads, same speeds, light to no throttle and it hasn't shown on the display even once in over a week? is it possible it's working but i've disabled the message showing?

From memory the 2 cylinder display doesn't show on all settings. make sure you are displaying one of the M.P.G. displays by using the thumb wheel on the left hand side of the steering wheel. I know mine works with them displaying, but if you have used the thumb wheel to show something else the 2 cylinder mode might not show.

I'm not sure what i've done (if it's my fault) - i can't find a box to tick/ untick in the settings relating to it showing on the dash :(

It's only shown in the DIS on the on "board computer" cluster menu. Then scroll through until you see it showing,
can you still fell it kicking in even though the message is not being displayed? I can always feel mine working especially at lower revs
as it starts shuddering slightly until i speed up.

I've never felt it kick in on the A3 and neither on a MK7 Golf GT or Polo GT which i had previous

I've scrolled through the displays with the wheel controls and even selecting other displays i couldn't get it on

On this and the other cars i've always left the display on average MPG and this showed the COD message previously -

As already mentioned, make sure Drive Select is NOT set to Dynamic.

hmm - set it to dynamic yesterday after having it in eco and normal (?) last week, still wasn't showing it :(