Coin holder with silver flip top

matts19

Reaction score
Hi. I pick up my new S3 on Saturday. Is the coin holder thingy that sits in the front cup holders standard kit?
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Ah, that would explain it. Thanks.

Yeah the smoking pack.. when I got my car I noticed I had the old big iPhone charger mmi cable but I managed to get them to swap it for a USB mmi cable instead

I think lots of folk without smokers pack ask for and get an ashtray. It seems pretty general. I got three MMI cables as well, plus an extra number plate for my trailer.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I got the ashtray thrown in on car collection day.. along with an MMI cable. I'm hoping for a wireless charging case this time... as I'll be conveniently forgetting to leave the ashtray in when I swap cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies guys.
I've asked my dealer to throw one in for me

I think lots of folk without smokers pack ask for and get an ashtray. It seems pretty general. I got three MMI cables as well, plus an extra number plate for my trailer.

I got 5 MMI cables, an extra numberplate and a full tank of fuel with my old car. This time I just asked for the extra numberplate, and got 3/4 of a tank of fuel anyway.

Its an optional extra, think it cost only around £25 - get it, handy for putting keys in and your phone - it fits perfectly instead of it flopping about in the cup holders

I have one in my car for odds n sods and one on my desk at work as a pen holder :smiley:

Reactions: The Kendragon
I just asked when I collected the car. The salesperson just took one out of a car in the showroom!

Reactions: matts19 and The Kendragon
I've chucked mine in one of the rear cupholders out of the way so I can enjoy the soft illuminated glow from the front cup holder!!. Rather handily the double holder is just the right size for retaining a pair of R-B aviators without them rattling around. It always annoys me that they didn't do the VW thing of having the front grab handle as a Glasses case.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Ormesome
My company is picking mine up so won't be able to ask for one of these - guess I will be searching eBay for a good deal :sign rice:

I've chucked mine in one of the rear cupholders out of the way so I can enjoy the soft illuminated glow from the front cup holder!!. Rather handily the double holder is just the right size for retaining a pair of R-B aviators without them rattling around. It always annoys me that they didn't do the VW thing of having the front grab handle as a Glasses case.

I just bought a glasses holder to replace the drivers side handle off eBay. Have a search, loads on there.

@matts19 Incidentally, if your dealer doesn't throw one in for free, there are loads of Audi ashtrays on eBay too. Got mine for £20 brand new.

Reactions: richinsoton, matts19 and pastey
I just bought a glasses holder to replace the drivers side handle off eBay. Have a search, loads on there.
It's one of those things I keep meaning to check whilst on the bay but then get distracted by other old shiny junk like a Magpie!!!

Reactions: Ormesome and pastey
So it's not for coffee then? I hope the previous owner wasn't a smoker!

Reactions: The Kendragon, Audi Bairn and richinsoton