Chrome ashtray/storage cup/coin holder x 2!

j0hnst0n00

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Do you know if it’s possible to have two of the chrome ashtray/storage cup/coin holder thingies housed in their holders at the same time (crazy I know!) in the A3, ie is there sufficient space to accommodate them of both and enough space to open the lids when they are situ?

Just need confirmation before I purchase a second one (the Mrs doesn’t want to share mine!).

Dave

Take the one you have with the lid open and place it in the other hole ?

Reactions: r2113 and robps3
I would be pretty sure they would fit.
Maybe make friends with another A3 owner locally, and try their's?

Reactions: j0hnst0n00
They won't fit, well one will not sit flat / go all the way down to the bottom of the cup holder. I tried it a while ago after sourcing another one via eBay.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and j0hnst0n00
Should fit with the hinge opening forward rather than to the side - I have two but now use one as a pen holder on my desk.

Well I'm shocked with the aid of a straight edge the single cup holder does indeed go over half way :-

IMG 3600

Reactions: j0hnst0n00, DJAlix and richinsoton
Where will this lunacy end?... Modern cars are too big for most parking spaces / garages & now the cupholders are too bloated to fit into their holders side by side!!!!. :stupid:

Reactions: daytonamart, glospete, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
What will fit next to the ash tray is the unit I purchased which I use to store my sunglasses. It a genuine Audi part and looks in keeping with the rest of the centre console. The unit is part number: 8V0 863 617. I purchased mine from the German eBay site. I'm sure they can be ordered through any dealer but here is a link to the German eBay:http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_odkw...+8V0863617.TRS0&_nkw=a3+8v+8V0863617&_sacat=0

Reactions: richinsoton, j0hnst0n00 and Rob2k68
What will fit next to the ash tray is the unit I purchased which I use to store my sunglasses. It a genuine Audi part and looks in keeping with the rest of the centre console. The unit is part number: 8V0 863 617. I purchased mine from the German eBay site. I'm sure they can be ordered through any dealer but here is a link to the German eBay:http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_odkw...+8V0863617.TRS0&_nkw=a3+8v+8V0863617&_sacat=0
That's very interesting, not seen one of those before. It definitely fits alongside the ash tray unit? Don't suppose you have a photie of them both in situ?

Reactions: RichardT
That's very interesting, not seen one of those before. It definitely fits alongside the ash tray unit? Don't suppose you have a photie of them both in situ?
I had one of them alongside my ashtray for a while with no issues. It's designed to hold a phone the size of an iPhone 5/5s/SE and also an A3 style advanced key.

Reactions: richinsoton and j0hnst0n00
Audi Original Cell Phone Cradle. I don't think it will hold many of today's larger smart phones.
Amazon product

Reactions: daytonamart and j0hnst0n00
Two fit together but the lids do touch - I'll post a picture tomorrow

Two together, they're not wedged in, but the lids do just touch.
You need one of these console trays as well - plastic but decent quality with rubber mats and fits perfectly. £5.95 delivered from China
IMG 7648
IMG 7649
IMG 7650

Last edited:
Reactions: daytonamart, j0hnst0n00, richinsoton and 2 others
Made for the A3 8V. Fits the facelift as well. You could cut the coin tray out at that price, or possibly buy leads with 90 deg plugs and bring them up through the hole. The tray only fits one way, you can't turn it so the coin tray is at the back.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Glove-Arm...505138?hash=item282e5c7d32:g:nlQAAOSwdGFYyPhB

Thanks! I ended up ordering it anyway (from aliexpress). I'll see how wasy it is to cut out, prefer to keep the coin bit though.