Thinking about buying A3, mmi help please.

BigW

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a 2.0 TDI S-Line S-Tronic Quattro, the advert states Nav, but the picture (attached) shows "MMI Radio" am I right in assuming this doesn't have Nav, and won't be the widescreen version?

If this is the case, Can this be upgraded to Nav easily or is it a kufatek type job?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0936.PNG
    IMG_0936.PNG
    949.4 KB · Views: 189
I'm thinking of buying a 2.0 TDI S-Line S-Tronic Quattro, the advert states Nav, but the picture (attached) shows "MMI Radio" am I right in assuming this doesn't have Nav, and won't be the widescreen version?

If this is the case, Can this be upgraded to Nav easily or is it a kufatek type job?

Thanks.
If it s a brand new car I'm pretty sure all S-lines have Nav now. Just specced a 2.0tdi s-line on the Configurator and it says SD based nav as standard.
Cheers.

FYI. To help clarify my above statement.

Attachments

• IMG_2128.PNG
    IMG_2128.PNG
    147.8 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: BigW
Thanks, it's not a brand new FL it's a 2015/16.

Pretty sure all the S-Line models will have Nav, but it needs the Tech pack to get the wider, better resolution screen.

Quite easy to tell from pictures when the screen is on the nav or one of the menus. Big black bars either side, rather than filling the whole screen.

For me, tech pack is a must.

Need to ask the seller if the nav has been enabled. If it hasn't, then it's an expensive job.

Can't really tell from that pic you gave us but it seems like the MMI high version? Could be wrong but the lines at the top of the MMI seem higher up, wider than mine and I have the MMI low/the smaller screen. Just because it's an S-Line doesn't mean it has Nav activated does it? I recently realised that the trim levels don't really mean much regarding options, it's all about what the original owner specd. All A3s come prepared for Sat Nav, Ie they all have it. But not all are activated. If it isn't activated then you will need it done, this will cost a lot. Sd card and Nav activation is usually £500. And no you can't buy an sd card and wack it in! Each sd card is activated and paired to a car. Then useless if taken out to put in another car.

Use the search option or google regarding sat Nav and activation if you don't have it. Many questions regarding sat Nav but my above info is 100% accurate! I went through the process myself!

Last edited:
So nav not enabled on the two I had shortlisted, one was Audi approved and the dealership are willing to enable to get the sale, but it's not widescreen.

On the plus side, another has just popped up with the tech pack and nav, Audi approved and currently waiting on a video/pics coming through.

Pre facelift cars with the tech pack have silver buttons around the rotary selector thingy.

Bought it, with the tech pack. Pick up on Wednesday, can't wait

Now to see if I can get my B8 Avant brembos to fit on :D