Facelift Dynamic Mode Exhaust on Manual 2017 S3

Simon Wilkinson

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have had a look on here for the answer to my query but can't seem to find the definate answer, certainly for a manual gearbox.

I have a 2017 S3 with a manual gearbox, and am not actually sure what the Dynamic Mode does with the exhaust.

When I start the car I get an initial roar, then the car settles to idle, switching between Dynamic and Comfort for example seems to make no difference at idle, and I only feel warm gases from the inner pipes, which are also slighty discoloured.

When Driving I don't notice any difference with the sound from the exhaust either when switching between modes.

Does anybody know if these valves etc exist with a manual box or not?

Thanks

Simon

Last edited:
Morning :)
I too have a S3 FL 2017 Manual

I have found like my sound settings... that every time I get in the car and start her it goes loud then quiet ....
it may already be on dynamic but I just click on it again once the car has started
it sounds nice and Lioness again...
I've mentioned this to my dealer who are looking into this.

It takes time but once the exhaust has settled/had some miles through it you will find it gets louder.

As far as I know, when you first start the car the valves are opened and this is the reason why you get the louder burble. After a few seconds the valves close and it quietens down. If you switch it to dynamic the valves are opened again but only after a certain rpm I think. If you are not getting any difference in sound and there isn't gases coming out of all 4 pipes when you first switch it on then maybe (and I mean maybe) the valves are not opening. I guess you could try disconnecting the actuators on the exhaust as it should then default to all 4 being open. At least then you could see if it made a difference. The thing is though, if they're not opening now disconnecting them probably won't make a difference if they're not working. I could be talking complete crap as well. :)

Changing modes is definately doing something, in comfort mode if you rev the car it burbles when you let your foot off, doing the same in Dynamic causes pops and bangs and crackles (sounds like a a bowl of Rice Crispies) All good I suspect.