S3 8P Intermitent Power LOSS ???

Asa Faircloth

Reaction score
My s3 8p 2007 265bhp has a bit of a problem which i never really noticed but basically i had my car remapped and felt that there was a problem with the power afterwards in 1st and second gear it would pull like an absoloute train and it would do the same in 3rd untill it hit 4000rpm and it would hesitate a little bit then the power would come back but in 4th 5th and 6th it sort of hits boost (2000-2500)rpm and then the power loss/hesitation happens then it climbs the gear very slowly afterwards?
now since having the map done i have replaced:
Spark Plugs
Coil packs
Diverter valve
HPFP Cam follower

since replacing all of these i still havent managed to cure the problems there are a few people on here that seem to have the same problem but cant seem to work it out. i then removed the remap from my car and it still does this but its just not as bad obviously due to not asking for as much power.

has any one got any ideas on what this could be as its sarting to do my nut it ?

Have you logged any fault codes? Check your PCV as a starting point, but it could be something more involved like the manifold flaps sticking if you have been on long life oil and/or missed oil changes? Have you replaced your fuel filter recently?

Unfortunately no the car is not picking up any fault codes & sorry for being dumb but how would i check the PCV valve to tell if it is any good or not ? & i havent had the car that long so i couldnt tell you if it had missed oil changes or not ! & i have replaced the fuel filter recently actually and my old one was clogged with crap when i took it out

Have you logged any fault codes? Check your PCV as a starting point, but it could be something more involved like the manifold flaps sticking if you have been on long life oil and/or missed oil changes? Have you replaced your fuel filter recently?
Unfortunately no the car is not picking up any fault codes & sorry for being dumb but how would i check the PCV valve to tell if it is any good or not ? & i havent had the car that long so i couldnt tell you if it had missed oil changes or not ! & i have replaced the fuel filter recently actually and my old one was clogged with **** when i took it out