Ride quality S3 vs S4/5

Joetidman

Reaction score
As someone moving from an S3 Saloon to an S5, I'm interested if anyone else has experienced a similar move and has a view on relative ride quality? The S3 is pretty good but quite bouncy in comfort especially over road humps where you are launched in the air. Any views?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As someone moving from an S3 Saloon to and S5, I'm interested if anyone else has experienced a similar move and has a view on relative ride quality? The S3 is pretty good but quite bouncy in comfort especially over road humps where you are launched in the air. Any views?

Having gone S3 Sportback to S4 Avant the ride quality is much better imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Joetidman
Having gone S3 Sportback to S4 Avant the ride quality is much better imo.

More compliant would you say? Do you have the adaptive suspension or standard?

More compliant would you say? Do you have the adaptive suspension or standard?

I went with standard rather than the adaptive. Very pleased with it. It's just right, not to hard, not to soft, with enough feedback to know what the road is doing under the car.

Certainly give me more confidence when pressing on than the S3 did. The excessive rebound on its suspension was alarming at times.

S5 has a tighter suspension set up than the S4, so I would recommend adding the adaptive damping if you are going for the 5, or at least testing it (having driven both and coming from a B8 S5).

The S4 is really nice as standard, but I still opted for damping, just for that extra control when wanted.