Armrest - Stuck up

rgb8888

Reaction score
My armest has decided to remain in the up postion and I would really appreciate advice on how to fix it.

I don't really use it but I am one of those types that likes everythnig to work as it should.

Predictably Audi have said on the phone that it needs a whole new one - but I have read on here before that there is a quick fix but can't find the original thread with all the working links.

Also some tips on exactly how to remove it and take it to bits to repair would be nice too. I have removed the rear ash tray but it is difficult to see which bolts to undo.

Thanks

RGB

Sounds like the little clip that you release by pushing in the bit at the end of the armrest to lower it has came out somehow, take it apart ;)

...and to remove it; there's a bigish (6/8mm maybe?) bolt (EDIT: after posting I started to imagine it might be a slightly smaller allen-head) that's facing you as your peer in the hole where the rear ashtray is... you need to wind that almost all of the way out (doesn't have to come fully out, and be careful not to as it can be fiddly to get back in) and then with a bit of persuasion you'll be able to lift the armrest off the frame (get a proper wiggle going if necessary - the post is 'keyed' so that you need to rotate the armrest a little as you lift so it passes the 'lock').

Regards,

Rob.

Guys - thanks for replies

Rob - I will try and take it off then carefully apart later.

Neil - that was the thread that I found originally but the links do not appear to be working. It takes me to a photobucket page with a message saying "page not found" - any ideas?