Daily commuters

OST

Reaction score
Hello all

Interested on how many of you (like me) use your s3 as a daily?

Mpg, which mode etc?

I usually am lucky to get 28mpg but love every minute.

Over to you

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
60 miles round trip for me, mix of motorway, B and A roads. When sticking with traffic, in Individual mode normally, box set auto (s tronic) I reg get 30+ mpg without trying (indicated). Really does amaze given the performance when not commutting!
PFL, hatch, Unicorn stg1 with tcu map (otherwise standard) as well for complete detail.
What a machine, really is.
D

Mileage 76000 km, average consumption around 10.4 l / 100km (27mpg).
Mods: RDL, Oil temp on main screen, Start/Stop off

Mine is a daily, Cheltenham to Bristol and back 3 times a week, for motorway I use individual (engine auto, Quattro auto, steering comfort, sound dynamic), off motorway I generally have blasts in dynamic using the gearbox in S and D.

3,000 miles in and my average is 33mpg, this is mostly down to the motorway speeds generally averaging 70mph tops due to traffic.

I find the 7th gear in the FL really make a difference. I try efficiency every now and again but do not like the coasting effect when easing off the accelerator.

Used my S3 for over 2 years commuting but the last 2 days l have been travelling a bit further than norm,Hamilton to Ayr 80 miles round trip,not going over 70 mph steadyish 63 mph all motorway/dual carriageway l got 34 mpg all in greenpeace mode my cars mpg has got less as it's got older

Reactions: Audi Bairn, pburv and Scottyg
Pretty impressed with the mpg. I typically use an a road for about 3 miles each morning with the rest being inner city driving.

Hate efficency mode, the coasting I feel very unsafe in and usually have a blast too so cant complain too much.

My previous car was a diesel so I was used to consistent figures well about 40! Im convinced the S3's tank is smaller than most cars too.

I got my S3 in late February, I regularly commute to London with it approximately 30 miles each way, usually drive in E mode and average 31 - 33 MPG.

However there are moments where I drive in Dynamic the whole journey which drops it to around 24 MPG.

My daily round trip is 70kms, no motorways. I've been getting 7.6 litres per 100km (31 mpg).

I drive in individual mode, everything on auto except exhaust in dynamic.

Mods are JB4, DV+, 034 DBM, Res delete, TMD and CAI.

Absolutely love this little car

Audi S3 MY16 Daytona Grey

Reactions: OST
I think I need to lighten my right foot!!!

Reactions: Wood_Duck
Average 60mph commute, 24 miles each way, see regular 38mpg in E mode, obviously driving style has a huge effect on any mpg figures.

Reactions: OST
Varies abit, but usually around 33-36mpg. I did once have it running around 40mpg for about 60 miles, but got bored.

I tend to see around 26-30mpg, so far though I've only covered 530 miles since 22nd March.

My commute is town roads, 20 miles per day, round trip.
At the moment the car is averaging 22 mpg. But most of the journey it's 18-19mpg.

I am surprised about the fuel economy because it seems to be no more efficient than my old S3 8P manual. Or our Golf R. Being driven normally, progressive, but not blasting around everywhere.

I have played around with different modes, Economy and Auto with D mode on gearbox. But for me, this is an S3, and there's only one mode for it Dynamic or Individual (all dynamic and susp. Auto). And the gearbox in S or M.

I cannot stand D mode or E, even if they do delivery better economy.

I'm also unconvinced that start/stop improves economy at all.

My commute to/from the office is approximately 50km round trip per day. So far averaging about 10.5L/100km.

Daily commute is 10 miles each direction, 8 miles of which is dual carriageway with a 40mph speed limit section and a 3 mile stretch with 70mph average speed cameras, and engine only gets to 70C after about 6 miles and typically get 28-30mpg

Car is driven in nothing else but dynamic and long term average based on 19,000 miles is 31.4 mpg (I do a lot of motorway miles)

Reactions: AL_B, pburv and Jassyo06
Had the car for 500 miles, travelling 40 miles when I go in work averaging about 34 mpg (mainly motorways). God bless cruise control.

Last edited:
lol cover around 6k a year mate.
Jammy barsteward am well jel lol wish it where me,l wouldn't be driving a S3 with that small amount mileage/cost....a factor you've got to take into consideration when buying

Reactions: pburv and Tom.H
Jammy barsteward am well jel lol wish it where me,l wouldn't be driving a S3 with that small amount mileage/cost....a factor you've got to take into consideration when buying

That's what made the R32 so easy to run, fill it up every 2 weeks(ish) lol

Reactions: Mark_86 and pburv
Some of u are getting more than I get in my golf mk7 gti. I get about 34mpg with a mix of A roads and dual carriage way, doing 300 miles A week. Hence the reason I'm going to an A3 1.4 tfsi

23 miles to work each way and get 34mpg normally, highest mpg has been 37 though on the way in one morn lol

Reactions: Jassyo06
Car used for daily driving on a commute of 20 miles each way.
80% of it is fast back roads at 50 - 70 mph, 20% on 30 or 40mph speed limits.
The 80% is in Dynamic but only using Sport as required.
The 20% is in Individual (all Dynamic but suspension in Comfort for speed bumps).
Running her on Super Unleaded.
Sometimes I can encounter 3 cars but if it's busy that can increase to 5 cars and a tractor ha ha!
I get 28 to 32 mpg.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, BigBill and 1 other person
12 mile one way commute, steady cruise on 7 miles of 50mph roads and then 5 miles of dual carriageway with 2 roundabouts in between.

On a light footed morning in dynamic, 35mpg. Heavy footed... 23.

Never used efficiency, only comfort a few times but it isn't long before I change back because I don't like not having the pops at my disposal.

Average week to week MPG around town and on runs is 26-28MPG on V Power.

Reactions: pburv
35mpg really is impressive

Hoofed it to work this morning as I was running late and I had to open up. 25mpg with some very spirited back road driving... the grip it has is just insane! I mean, it seems just endless, but the lack of steering feel really hampers being able to commit to a corner. Luckily, I have lots of open roads which were deserted this morning, so I could really open it up. Anyway, quite impressed that the mpg didn't dip into the teens... my ST saw 12mpg on that stretch lol. Exhaust still isn't popping like I would like it too...

Exhaust still isn't popping like I would like it too...

A members video of his car with res-delete. You almost have to learn how to make it pop. Works best in manual mode in 1st gear at around 4k revs. Dynamic mode obviously or individual.

Reactions: christoph7r and Mark_86

A members video of his car with res-delete. You almost have to learn how to make it pop. Works best in manual mode in 1st gear at around 4k revs. Dynamic mode obviously or individual.

That's @christoph7r motor isn't it? Yeah, mine's going in for res delete next week, so hopefully it'll help... Thanks! :)

Reactions: HulkRS3
Anti drone attachment? Do tell...

The Helmholtz anti drone tube eliminates 4000rpm - to 3600rpm kick down drone when the engine is loaded up.
Unnamed 1

Reactions: Mark_86
Humm... so have you just ordered this to replace the rear silencer?

Yes, it's no different to any other resonator delete pipe other than it's powervalve manufactured with an additional pipe that cuts out the drone you hear everyone talk about on standard res deletes.

Reactions: Mark_86
Yes, it's no different to any other resonator delete pipe other than it's powervalve manufactured with an additional pipe that cuts out the drone you hear everyone talk about on standard res deletes.

Think I may try and change mine then... did you have a part or model number for it? Actually, I assume yours will be different if it's a saloon...